Job Title: UI/UX Designer
Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months (with high possibility for extension based on performance)
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWMS – Global Wealth Management Systems is looking for an experienced UX/UI designer to work as a strategic partner on key initiatives with our technology and business teams. Our dream candidate is passionate about developing a better user experience using insights from real people and research. He or she has the proven skills and experience to turn these insights into beautifully-designed products (interactions and visuals), and to inspire our teams through prototypes and demonstrations before building final products.
• Reason for request: Workload/ Project
Typical Day in Role-
– • Work closely with Product Owners, business stakeholders, and developers and influence the design decisions to transform wealth management’s digital experiences
– • Understand our users’ motivations and needs, leveraging rigorous design research and usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense.
– • Meticulously consider user interactions and journeys
– • Produce compelling designs to illustrate concepts iteratively and to be able to provide detailed specifications for software developers.
– • Drive customer testing and incorporate customer research and insights.
– • Demonstrate leadership by acting as design owner within your agile team through the conception, build and release of software features.
– • Synthesize research outcomes into viable product experiences.
– • Exercise a high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front-end technologies and will factor it into your work limitations and constraints knowing when to push boundaries.
– • Advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
– • Empathize with users who may have very different lives
– • Work within an agile team
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) A demonstrable portfolio of work (professional and personal) which showcases the projects you have worked on and includes examples of your story-telling skills, from low-fidelity sketches through to detailed designs. – please attach and provide
this with submission*** (broader skill set)
2) A minimum of 3-5 years of experience designing responsive web and/or native mobile software applications.
3) 3-5+ years of experience demonstrating the ability to communicate using rapid visual design techniques (wireframes, prototypes, interactive prototypes).
4) 3+ years of hands on experience demonstrating design thinking tenets and user centered design principles to challenges at work or in everyday life
5) 3+ years of experience using leading design software such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (including Adobe XD) (Axure will be an asset)
6) 2+ years of hands on experience with the ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion
7) Having familiarity with Trading stocks or making personal investment decisions (through apps or online)
8) Strong visual design abilities
o A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
o Comfortable working in a self-guided manner.
o Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints.
o Ability to work within a brand and style toolkit with a desire to push existing standards to the next level.
o A fast learner who absorbs new and complex topics to learn what’s behind both simple and complex financial solutions.
Nice to Have
– Deep accessibility and/or inclusive design knowledge – highly valuable asset
– Experience working with a design system
– Experience with the creation of transactional experiences (financial or ecommerce)
– Ability to build and execute design research methodologies or user testing protocols in a rapid development environment.
– Familiar with Financial Industry, Wealth Management, Investments, Fintech or other financial related fields
– Interest and experience in multiple related disciplines (design, art, social sciences, and computer science)
Degrees or certifications:
– Masters or Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience)