Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Candidate Value Proposition:
The team is at the forefront of the journey to transform the Bank into a data centric organization through impactful customer insights, innovative analytics, and well governed data. One of the main areas of transformation is the way data is produced, consumed, and managed at an enterprise level to drive business value. The aim is to provide a truly productized offering of automated systems that enable the production and management of reusable data across different business lines and geographies that the bank operates in. Client is looking to build delivery team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive them forward.
• Design and implement services and components to enable enterprise-wide use of data
• Automate and re-factor services code.
• Work closely with data engineers and DevOps engineers to build data management
capabilities that drive real business outcomes
• Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attend stand-ups,
This valuable member of the team will participate in creating scalable automated systems for reusable data assets, pipelines and services for the broad enterprise use.
Looking for someone who will work with other data engineers, DevOps engineers, and other development/engineering teams in the bank to develop the technical solutions for enterprise data initiatives.
Understanding of data management disciplines such as data quality, data profiling, etc.
1. At least 5 years of experience in building data pipelines, preferably with Talend. IBM DataStage, Informatica. Candidates must have recent experience not exceeding 2 years.
• Experience with performance tuning data pipelines
2. At least 5 years of experience working with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Hive, Airflow)
3. At least 5 years of experience with object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Scala, Python, Java)
4. At least 5 years of experience working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
5. At least 2 years of prior work experience CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, other)
• Experience in software engineering best practices such as code reviews, testing
frameworks, maintainability and readability
• Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
• Team player, self-starter
• Attention to details, high standards for quality
• Writing and maintaining clear documentation
Nice to Have Skills:
• Knowledge and understanding of container and micro-services technologies (e.g.
Docker, Kubernetes) a plus have
• Previous experience working in a financial institution a plus