Typical Day in Role:
1) Solution Design (75%)
– Support the delivery of complex enterprise projects and transformative initiatives.
– Engage with business and technology teams during strategic planning to influence the investment to drive the strategic vision
– Enable stakeholders to visualize the target state and achievement of benefits
– Promote reusability of enterprise efforts and assets
– Analyze and translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objective
– Review and influence project requirements for clarity, quality, and feasibility
– Collaborate with other architects, information security, application development, and infrastructure teams to produce complete and optimal designs.
2) Strategy and IT Portfolio Management (25%)
– Develop current and future state architecture blueprints, strategies, and roadmaps to achieve the target state for the assigned business domains.
– Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture
– Communicate across all levels of the organization to educate and inform the impact of change.
– Influence change opportunities and investments to achieve the target state.
– Responsible for the successful implementation of the complete technology solution for projects supporting major, highly complex business applications with complex integration needs across multiple technology disciplines by defining development specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives and identifying system modifications to meet objectives. The Solutions Architect recommends end-to-end technology design solutions and takes full accountability for the architecture of a solution.
– Interacts with multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integration, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, standards for reliability, scalability and availability and align with our Technology Roadmap
– Apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk regarding the integration of applications across multiple product systems and delivery channels
– Identify, recommend, source, negotiate and implement emerging IT trends, developments and improvements/solutions by either buying, building or reusing
– Partners with Enterprise Architects by: ensuring solutions are in line with Technology Roadmap; ensuring all deviations are identified and approved; identifying gaps in current standards/services and negotiating enterprise vs. project solutions and developing standard application architectures, frameworks and development standards.
– Presentation of solution design to architecture review boards, steering committees, and other project forums.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
– A minimum of 7- 10 year’s IT industry experience with background in Java, Python, and big data technology development prior to development management/architecture role
– 3+ experience in capital markets, specifically in back office/settlements/operations
– 2+ years’ experience in cloud adoption and streaming technologies such as GCP and/or Azure
– 2+ years’ Data/Analytics experience (including at least one the following, in order of priority: Kafka, ElasticSearch, Minio, or equivalent tech)
– Knowledge of industry best practices, programming languages (Java preferred) business/organization, infrastructure, architecture and technology related areas from an architectural design/solutions perspective
– Experience building highly available and resilient enterprise-grade systems
Nice to have:
– Knowledge of widely used asset servicing products in the capital markets industry
– Industry knowledge of the impact of T+1 settlements regulations.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills – (Absolute must)
– The ability to translate ideas into technical and business realities
– The ability to map technology to business problems
– Understand and integrate multiple technologies
– Extremely detail-oriented, methodical
– Ability to deal with complex systems or problems
– Ability to multi-task (multiple congruent projects)
– Ability to conduct influential discussions with multiple levels of seniority within the organization + communicate assertively
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required