Role: QA Analyst
Duration: 12 Months
Looking for an intermediate level QA Analyst with 3-5 years of experience. The candidate will be working in a team-oriented environment reporting to the QA Lead and working with other QA Analysts on the team.
The candidate will be responsible for
• Planning, executing and reporting on testing aspects of the project
• Working closely with the Business/Data Analysts and the Development team to understand the requirements
• Creating test plans, test scripts/cases and capture testing results using HP ALM
• Executing test cases including setting up test beds, creating validation scripts
• Documenting and prioritizing defects
• Troubleshoot test issues, track and prioritize defects
• Follow best practices, standards and processes Skills
• Must have experience in different delivery methodologies: traditional waterfall SDLC, Iterative and Agile
• Must understand data warehouse concepts
• Must have prior experience with using HP ALM
• Must have intermediate experience with querying language, ie: SQL
• Exposure to Big Data, Hortonworks Hadoop stack (ie: Nifi, Spark, Sqoop, Oozie, H-Base, HDFS), and Oracle experience a plus
• Exposure to Microsoft Azure (or other cloud) platform also a plus
• Experience in financial services and capital markets is nice-to-have
What are your top (2-3) must-have qualities for the candidates you’re looking for?
– Must understand data warehouse concepts, must have SQL querying skills and understanding of test life cycle include defect triage.
– How many years of experience are required? At least 5. –
– The candidate must have prior experience with HP ALM and other SQL querying applications like Oracle SQL Developer.
– Will testing be automated or manual? What percentage of each? Testing is manual.
– The candidate will work closely with the developers, BAs and DAs to understand the requirements, create/execute test scenarios/test cases and report on the testing. The candidate will also be part of the defect triage process.