Duration: 1 year + good of chance of extension (6 months)
Location: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need:
• Business Group: Seeking a Power BI Developer to work on a Microsoft solution to build data visualizations and reporting.
• This role is required to liaise with Business Analyst, SQL/ETL Developer and various stakeholders.
• This project is anticipated to go on for 18 months.
Typical Day in Role:
• Translate user requirements to visual prototypes and solution and develop and maintain data architecture documentation.
• Development of data ingestion solution and data visualizations in the form of dashboards, spreadsheet extracts and reports;
• Planning and execution of unit and user testing, using testing and UAT environments and testing datasets
• Translates raw data into insights by quickly grasping the concepts in a dataset or database;
• Demonstrates easy understanding of relationships in the data; running complex SQL queries to summarize or transform data;
• Identify data quality issues using statistical analysis.
• Provide day-to-day support of production BI applications that support executives on the strategy planning and decision-making process
• Dataflow and Data Transformation documentation
Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years of experience working with data visualization tools like Power BI (preferred) or Tableau;
2. 5+ years of experience working on BI projects with the Microsoft BI stack (SQL Server, SSRS, SSMS); Strong proficiency in SQL, database modeling and BI / Data warehousing concepts;
3. Demonstrated visuals based on data sourced from complex architectures (proven through recent project experience minimum 2)
• Extremely strong communication skills
• Will need to figure out their way around existing documentation and database (fill in the blanks)
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience with data ingestion automation tools and technologies. i.e. automated data ingestion using Python scripts and frameworks or VBA and Excel spreadsheets
• Experience working with Agile methods and tools: git, Jira, Confluence, etc;
• Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent Interview