Developer/DevOps – Contractor
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Developer/DevOps Contractor for a 1 year contract with network automation experience. This position reports to Senior Specialist Security Architecture and works alongside the IT Project Manager, Architect & Designer. The position requires a self-starter with excellent software development skills and solid automation knowledge. The candidate should have the ability to work from a high to low level of detail and have a strong mix of analytical and technical skills.
Working knowledge of data network and technical background highly desired.
- Design and implement the network automation model with other engineers and architects.
- Build and Maintain high availability Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery infrastructure.
- Automate and insure smooth deployments in production, and help work towards continuous delivery
- Focus on developing network automation programing, playbook and scripts with python, Ansible and other tools.
- Perform formal Code Review, static and security analysis, design and implement Unit Tests and perform code coverage analysis
- Provide accurate estimates based on business requirements
- Ability to work in an agile framework environment
· Expert-level understanding about DevOps culture, methodologies, coding and automation.
· Experience configuring routers and switches: Arista and Cisco.
· Experience automating network deployments and configurations
· 3+ years’ experience programming in Python
· 2+ years’ experience programming in GO
· 3+ years’ experience with Ansible playbook design and execution
· 2 years of experience with Docker and Vagrant
· Familiarity with network vendors API and SDK developments
· Familiarity with database management and communications
· Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Gitlab CI
· Familiarity with leveraging vendor APIs to configure and gather data from network devices.
· Experience with Linux-based operating systems
· Experience with container virtualization technologies.
· Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
· Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
· Experience in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A solid understanding of network technologies and protocols, such as Subnet, BGP, VLAN, VPC, MLAG, VXLAN, Anycast.
- Experience with Web UI development
- Effective communication – concise, clear and uncomplicated
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Independent thinker
- Curious and motivated to improve operational process
- Team player
- Ability to work effectively within virtual teams, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Vibrant and changing work environment and interaction with a multiple partners
- Willingness to work occasionally on weekends and evenings to meet tight deadlines