Location: WFH (Toronto)
Duration: 6 months
Business Group: Works on derivative trading platform
Project Need: Seeking a Capital Markets BSA to work on the market data side of the new initiative. The initiative aims to modernize client's trading capabilities, allowing for greater market access through electronic trading and auto-negotiation, supported by a high-performing, globally consistent analytics solution. The BA/BAS will be responsible for driving the key market data deliverables in the project, including sourcing real-time market data and data integration.
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage with multiple business lines globally while utilizing new technology (e.g. Angular, Redis, Kubernetes, Elastic Search, Kafka…).
Typical Day in Role:
– Work on the market data side of the new initiative, serve as a liaison between the business community and IT team to align technology solutions with business strategies
– Gathers requirements from business units and translates into technical requirements for developers
– Develop plans and prioritize tasks around onboarding real-time market data from third-party vendors
– Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
– Perform integration and regression testing on deliverables, also coordinate UAT testing with business users and other IT applications
– Works as a project team member to support one or more highly complex business processes
– Participating in meetings
Must have Skills:
1. 5+ years of BA experience in the IT or Risk industry, gathering requirements and working closely with business users to create documentation
2. Extensive experience in sourcing market data from external data providers such as Bloomberg, ICAP, and Refinitiv (3+ years)
3. 3+ years Previous experience in Capital Markets and solid knowledge of derivative products (e.g. IR, Credit, and Equity)
4. 3+ years of experience with SQL (Sybase and/or SQL Server) or NoSQL databases (ElasticSearch, Cassandra, or similar) and familiarity with Microservices, Cloud, DevOps, Kafka (1 year or 1 Recent project)
5. 3+ years of experience working under Unix environment, familiar with command lines and basic shell scripting
Nice to have:
1. Python scripting skills
2. CFA or FRM designation
– Looking for a self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with attention to detail and excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
– The candidate needs to be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and agile environment.