Who you are
If you are collaborative, with strong critical thinking skills, proficient in creating wireframes, low and hi-fi mock-ups and polished prototypes in Figma and are confident in your ability to deliver adaptive and creative solutions to UX/UI design problems we’d love to hear from you.
You are also…
- Self-directed and confident in your user experience, user interface and product strategy know-how; staying up to date with design best practices and emerging trends
- A big picture thinker; you know how to effectively balance product strategy with designing for human interest; you’re someone who knows when to challenge an ask and navigate to the root of the problem.
- Adaptive to change; you’re nimble and can easily shift focus working with different projects and teams in parallel. You’re comfortable working in a large organization balancing shifts in priority, people, stakeholder needs, and technical constraints.
- Collaborative; you lead with empathy and curiosity. You treat everyone as equals, aiming for shared goals and outcomes.
- A strong communicator; you can effectively explain and share your work with small to large groups of designers and non-designers alike.
- User-focused and analytical; you understand and appreciate the process of identifying users’ needs and can balance the pros and cons of different designs, backed by research and analytics.
- Comfortable conducting user research and validation testing; you’ve created Information Architecture (IA) and flows, card sorts, tree tests, A/B tests, journey mapping, conducted user studies and interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability tests.Have a growth mindset; you take initiative to seek coaching, training and to strengthen interpersonal skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Owning and advocating for experiences that address what humans really need when it comes to health and benefits.
- Ensuring that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design.
- Designing in Figma, validating, and executing complex, engaging interactive experiences, including:
- Interacting with the design system, both to leverage assets and contribute to its development?
- Executing low-fidelity wires and final high-fidelity visual mock-ups and prototypes in accordance with the design system, UX and accessibility guidelines (AODA/WCAG)
- Developing new design components for your projects as needed
- Validating the usability of your designs with end users
- Collaborating with other designers, researchers, product, research and analytics, customer service and technology teams to learn and understand business, functional and technical requirements.
- Work with your lead to plan committed work with developers to meet quarterly goals
- Design interactive, accessible, innovative, and scalable digital experiences?using design best practices, business, and technical requirements, keeping in mind future phases and long-term ecosystem goals of the business.
- Create and revise user flows, sitemaps, and low and high-fidelity wireframes based on specifications, goals, needs and limitations.
- Design multiple iterations for various phases of development, keeping in mind current and future opportunities and constraints of building your designs.
- Participating in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and approval on designs and documentation
- Develop rapid interactional prototypes; verify design assumptions through concept and usability testing.
You’ll also be:
- Fostering an inclusive climate of co-creation and innovation.
- Contributing to the evolution and management of mobile and web design systems.
- Continually discussing with other designers, the latest technologies, and trends for efficient and aesthetically pleasing UX/UI design.?
You’ll need to have:
We get that people grow in different ways, so if you have some of the following that’s ok too!
- +3 years working as a UX/UI designer
- Must have a high level of proficiency in Figma
- Experience designing adaptive and responsive end-to-end mobile and web experiences
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, research etc.
- Comfortable presenting work to all levels of leadership
- Previous experience with Agile design/development methodology
- Familiar with Human Centered Design processes and practices
Degree or diploma in design or a related field, or equivalent work experience