Contract Duration: 5 months + opportunity for extension
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need: UX Design – Canada. Product Design for bank – Responsible for all digital products, the App, Web experience, onboarding experience and discovery of products.
Product Design Team consists of product designers who are responsible for end to end design process, work in an agile environment with support from traditional delivery framework.
Project: Project – Streamline project which is just at the beginning stages. Heavily focused on the chat experience, information architecture in UX. Project consists of addressing needs of customers to manage needs online, authentication revamp.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high performance team and work some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies within a dynamic and fast moving Big 5 Canadian bank. Opportunity to work on a project that is timely during a pandemic that will make a difference for customers. Designing up-scale solutions that impact a lot of people – project is kicking off and run with it. Project is not stand alone, bigger portfolio. Design community has a very strong practice, accessibility focus on inclusion.
Typical Day in Role:
-Working with vendors, product, and content writers to identity and create flows for the chat and help experience. Map all different entry points to chat and help experience.
-Thinking through interactive story, how can content be engaged to guide the experience – working with content writers to product the optimal experience.
-Design process – Designer should understand the aspects of the design process, when to engage stakeholders and other team members.
-Work with the research team – to define research questions, provide artifacts for research, and incorporate research findings in designs
– Work with the product team – understand the roadmap and priorities of the product, design within vendor constraints with an eye to how the experience will look and act in the future.
-Service design – Understand the end-to-end journey for a customer, their context of use, other experiences that may be impacted
– Design the interface for the help and chat experience, including primary flows, secondary/edge flows and properly document all work for development
-Highly collaborative culture, lots of stakeholders, and Contact Center, Vendor
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 4+ Years – UX Design Experience in an Agile Environment – working on Complex Technology Projects, able to produce wireframes, design mock ups, flow diagrams to support the experience
2) 4+ Years’ Experience on End to End Design Process – From requirement discovery, to working with Development teams to implement.
3) 4+ Years – Design Software Experience – Sketch, Adobe Suite C, Figma is strongly preferred
4) Excellent Communication Skills – Written and Verbal, able to convey ideas and provide strong design rational for decisions
5) Portfolio Included
Nice to Have Skills:
1) Visual or Graphic Design Experience
2) Design Presentation Skills
3) Undergrad Degree in Design and strong ability to visually communicate
– Looking for someone that is hungry and eager to learn, someone that will go out of their way to find the answer rather than sitting around waiting for the answer to come to them
– Candidate must be a team player, that does not need to be micromanaged – wants someone who can get up and hit the ground running everyone morning without necessarily being told what to do
– Excellent communications skills to coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders across the organization
– Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
– Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
– Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
– Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding