Technical Business Analyst
Typical Day in Role
• Oversee Month-end and Quarter-end production run pr for business-critical application – Retail Risk Application Platform (RRAP).
• Work in coordination with operational support, various application teams and business stakeholders to ensure platform remains resilient and efficient, and SLA requirements are met.
• Triage issues throughout its lifecycle in a timely manner (from Root cause analysis to problem resolution), often working in close collaboration with various business and technical stakeholders.
• Provide input and analysis details in incident management meetings for respective issues/defects, ensuring the user community requirements are communicated and effectively resolved in a timely manner.
• BA will be involved in application monthly change/release deployment process activities, and will be involved in all relevant aspects of the SDLC process (from requirements gathering and documentation to testing and deployment)
• Collaborate with business, developers and other BAs on monthly enhancements to improve the stability and performance of the application and processes. This will include understanding key process flows/pain points and recommend enhancements/improvements to existing processes.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years’ relevant experience, with at least 4-5+ years’ recent experience as a Technical BA or Dev Ops support capacity
• 4-5+ years’ recent hands-on experience writing, reading and constructing advanced SQL queries independently
• Advanced experience in data analytics using SQL to triage complex issues from root cause to resolution in a timely manner.
• Experience with Project related tools (e.g. Confluence, JIRA), processes, and the SDLC lifecycle
• Solid communication (verbal/written) skills to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Retail product experience and associated risk models is an asset (PD,EAD, LGD models for Mortgage, Credit Card)
• Working knowledge of SAS, Informatica, DataStage, or Python are an asset
• Database Systems: Hive/Hadoop, DB2 is an asset
• Exceptional data analysis skills and ability to follow data flows/processes.is required to triage complex issues from root cause to resolution in a timely manner.
• Solid communication (verbal/written) skills is a must to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Resourceful, and proactive attitude with aptitude towards self-learning are essential attributes to independently navigate the complexities of the application.
• Highly accountable and able to self-manage work priorities with minimal oversight, while meeting required deliverables within agreed timelines.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member in cross-functional project teams.
• Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in providing high quality results.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.