Typical Day in Role:
• Provide 2nd level UNIX support on production issues, participating in Incident Management / Problem Management / Change Management; and working on security vulnerabilities as part of the audit and compliance requirements.
• Work on Solaris, Linux operating systems running on Oracle Sparc and x86 HW products, virtual hosts including LDoms, VMware and Cloud.
• Work with Veritas Clustering/Storage Foundation, RedHat clustering, Solaris ZFS (Zettabyte File System) and EMC/Hitachi SAN storage products.
• Monitor the environment and identify any issues which could be of a risk and then rectify.
• Work on automation using Ansible for implementing changes, patching, fixing security vulnerabilities and writing scripts for system monitoring.
• Provide assistance to project management functions during all stages of requirements rollout including assessment, planning, initiation, implementation and management.
• Assisting in the identification, development and maintenance of policies and procedures that are relevant to the proper operational functions of the Unix infrastructure.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 7+ years of hands-on technical working experience with the system administration, installation, configuration & troubleshooting of Solaris (versions 10/11) and Red Hat Linux (versions 6/7) Operating Systems.
2. 7+ of hands-on technical working experience with the configuration, administration, builds and troubleshooting of Veritas/Symantec Storage Foundation (VSF) & Veritas/Symantec Cluster Services.
3. 7+ of hands-on technical working experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Solaris Zones & Solaris Logical Domains (LDoms).
4. Strong familiarity and technical working knowledge of SAN and Virtualization platforms/technologies.
5. You possess very good scripting capabilities (e.g., shell, perl) and Ansible automation to complete day-to-day UNIX tasks.
• Previous exposure to the Banking/Financial industry.
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• You have good problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
• You can work well under pressure with time constraints and can prioritize competing priorities appropriately.
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field required.