Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months (until 10/31/2021) + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Data Management is responsible for taking the Markit data and distribute data to Capital markets
• Project: The successful candidate will be joining Project enhancements for the data that is flowing through with Markit groups.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with senior developers to understand multiple languages in various departments. The main function of a Technical Analyst is to plan, design, develop and implement efficient business and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
• Gather requirements, design, configure, code, test and resolve issues in a development and production support environment.
• Development of modules, support for conversion of data, job scheduling, unit/integration testing, business process documentation, development of training materials, and delivery of end user training.
• Translate business requirements into configurations and interface specifications.
• Coordinate testing and validation with business users.
• Prepare detailed functional specifications for the development of custom reports, enhancements, interfaces, conversions, and forms.
Must have skills:
1. 3 – 5 years’ gathering requirements and analyzing data through the SDLC cycle
2. 5 + years’ reading and writing SQL queries
3. Excellent Communication skills: 9/10 or 10/10 – need to have strong skills – very closely with the business and gathering requirements, testing – maintaining the business – taking business needs and translating to technical needs * most of the leg work is handled by the business side*
Nice to have Skills:
– Analyzing data with big data tools including Kafka, Elastic Search and Nifi technology (for aggregating big data)
– Knowledge of Asset Control (Vendor Product) – would help ramp of for knowledge of project