Role: Technical Analyst
Duration: 6 Months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Relationship Management 2 is seeking a BSA/Technical Analyst. This group has a niche skill set dealing with both Canadian and International banking for customer facing clients. This resource needs to have knowledge about mid-tier technology, cloud technology, can function as a project leader (not PM), needs to be organized and ability to work with a large team as well as working independently. This project deals with migrating SQL windows servers from data center to Cloud. Resource will be reporting to one of the PM’s.
• Reason for request: Migrating SQL windows servers from data center to cloud
* Candidate Value Proposition: Changing environment, it’s not repetitive work, working with cloud technology.
Typical Day in Role
1. Importing data from various external data sources
2. Data cleansing and standardization i.e. duplicates, garbage sanitization
3. Data manipulation to uncover trends and insights i.e. subsetting, pivoting, summarization, sorting
4. Creating data visualisations to effectively convey findings.
5. Exporting data to external sources through reports or spreadsheets
6. Provide support for adhoc requests from the Business Users
7. Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data.
8. Distinguish trends and patterns.
9. Report data in a comprehensive and repeatable way.
10. General PM skills, agile understanding, Cloud understanding. SQL Server Understanding
11. Previous bank experience preferable
12. Ability to co-ordinate with various groups (Technical Architects, Business Users, Application teams, Vendors) to gather required details and convey message effectively
13. Previous exposure to Change management, CAB review meetings
14. Ability to deliver high quality outputs under challenging deadlines, with minimal supervision
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills: BSA/ Technical Analyst at 7-10 years
1. Cloud, SQL servers, understand technical requirements- 5 years
2. Great communication skills- ability to deal with various teams, client facing
3. Fluid working with business partners, working with clients, run books/check lists
4. Proficient in MS Excel
5. Project skills- working on a similar project- recent experience
Nice to have: Large organization/ FI/Banks
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required