Systems Operations Analyst
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Technology Operations, the Systems Operations Analyst is responsible for delivering operational integrity, stability and reliability to critical systems and applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, configure and maintain AWS infrastructure and services
- Setup and maintain infrastructure and system monitoring and alerting
- Deploy, configure and support applications and services on server and serverless infrastructure
- Prepare Change Requests and Methods of Procedures (MOPs) for all work to be performed, and maintain a record of all changes and implementations
- Respond and resolve incidents relating to AWS infrastructure that are affecting services and applications, in accordance with our predefined Service Level Agreements (SLAs), escalating internally or to third-party vendors as required
- Ensure continuous operations of cloud infrastructure through auto-recovery and/or elasticity procedures
- Provide and maintain automated solutions for repetitive ongoing operational tasks and processes.
- Provide automated processes for implementations, system integrations, and routine maintenance
- Work closely with DevOps to provide automated deployment process for applications and services
- Interact, coordinate and work cooperatively with internal stakeholders and third-party application and software vendors for new deployments or to deploy fixes as required
- Work in conjunction with IT Security to ensure adherence to security and compliance requirements
- Work closely with the Information Systems team to build and maintain accurate system, application and infrastructure documentation
- Provide second level support as required during operational disruptions to the Help Desk team
- Participate in post incident reporting (PIR) analysis and deploy fixes as necessary
- Participate in after hours, on call rotation
- Actively participate in Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
- Perform other related duties as required
- Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
- Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
- Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- 2+ years supporting AWS infrastructure and services
- 2+ year scripting experience
- Experience with implementing, supporting and monitoring servers and applications in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience integrating applications and systems
- Experience setting up multiple environments for testing and development purposes
- Configuration Management experience an asset
- Infrastructure as code experience an asset
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Excellent collaborator with strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with business users and project management
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong problem determination and solution skills
- Ability to travel when required (including travel to US destinations)
- Availability to work off hours (including evenings, weekends and holidays) if required
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Information Technology/Computer Systems (or equivalent experience)