Job Title: SQL Database Administrator
Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GTS – ECCO Database Services is seeking an intermediate Database Administrator to provide database support for MSSQL on Windows.
• Reason for request: Workload/Project/Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity for growth while working with a supportive team.
Typical Day in Role
• Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts
• Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems)
• Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade and patching
• Plan and perform database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching
• Perform and manage system and database backups
• Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system Failure
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years Database Administration experience
2) Experience in providing technical support, covering database administration and operations to include monitoring maintenance capacity, performance monitoring/planning and incident/problem troubleshooting and resolution
3) Experience with MSSQL 2017/2016/2014/2012/2008R2/2008
4) Experience with Windows server 2012/2008R2/2008.
5) Experience with SQL Always-On, mirroring and data replication.
6) Experience with MSSQL services (SSRS/SSAS/SSIS/Fulltext).
7) Experience with application side tuning versus server-side tuning.
– Experience with VB, C#, Power shell, Azure Cloud would be an asset to the role.
– Banking/FI experience (preferred)
– Microsoft Certifications
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 Step Process: 1 In Person Technical Panel Interview