Solution Architect: Intermediate level position, looking for someone strong in Java, who has experience designing technology-solution frameworks. An asset to this role is communication/presentation skills, as they will be required to present to management.
The Solution Architect role is to analyze proposed and identified business requirements for new and existing business systems and design and present efficient technical solutions. This individual will gain business commitment for all business systems and software plans. The incumbent will be responsible to evaluate and select technology solutions required to complete those plans. The Solution Architect provides technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level. In this role, you will:
• Lead projects from a technical aspect by providing solution analysis, planning, architecture blueprints, of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
• Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of solution development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility
. • Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
. • Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Provide architectural expertise, technical design, technical direction, and assistance to other Solution Architects and mentor and coach Software Developers and SysOps analysts within the development team.
• Assure completeness of deployment plans of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Document the Company’s existing business systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements
• Responsible for defining end to end technology solution for technology projects including software and hardware solution decisions.
• Responsible for documenting end to end solution in standard architecture blueprint document.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed solutions to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
• College Diploma or University Degree in computer science or equivalent
• Minimum 6 years related work experience
• Extensive experience in designing strategic solutions and architectural models for business systems, particularly in financial services industry
• Hands-on experience with functional and non-functional requirements gathering/analysis.
• Solid experience using architecture frameworks (ex. TOGAF or Zachman).
• Strong knowledge of UML modeling and diagraming.
• Proven experience in systems and software development in distributed technologies
• Proven experience in an agile and DevOps environment
• In-depth technical knowledge of Unix/Linux based operating systems.
• Working technical knowledge of current systems software, network protocols, system programming languages and standards.
• Strong knowledge of solution evaluation principles and practices.
• Solid knowledge/experience in Java, Spring, OO design patterns, SOA, BPM, and messaging
• Solid knowledge/experience in data warehousing, data management, and BI.