Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: ASAP – 10/31/2021 + extension for upwards of 6 months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Group is running a data analytics transformation project that will be impacting all users bank wide. Key milestones are due 6 months from now, but project could be anticipated for upwards of two years.
Looking for a hands-on Solution Architect to work with Cloud providers, validate solutions and ensure business needs are being maintained. The successful incumbent will be a SME in cloud environments and will be able to provide expertise in this
• Project: Moving Enterprise capabilities to a cloud environment. Looking for someone who comes from a regulated industry (ideally either FI or Health sector). The need is really looking for someone who has data protections in place
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful contractor will be joining an exciting project that will be building out a new technology system that supports all of the banks Customer Channels, leaving a lasting impact on the banks Global groups.
Typical Day in the Role
• Lead technology selection of security technologies with the goal to address bank security control objectives
• Lead development of a current state view of security capabilities and help define future state and gaps in those capabilities
• Define and document the structure, connections and relationships of business processes, organizational work groups, data models, applications, user interfaces, applications interfaces, infrastructure and network topology
• Provide standards, guidelines and statements of direction for IT system architectures, establishing a framework that constrains the design of systems for the purpose of integration of systems and accessibility of data supporting various business processes and functions.
• Define, design and develop the enterprise systems information architecture to enable cross functional operational reporting and performance optimization.
• Identify strategic opportunities and drive cross-business and cross-functional change.
Must Have Skills:
1. 3 + years’ experience working with Cloud technologies and cloud security knowledge, GCP OR Microsoft Azure (GCP Preferred)
2. 5 + years’ experience in business system design, development, and installation
3. 3 + years’ experience in planning/architecture development and support
4. Recent project experience in a regulated environment (minimum 2 projects) either Financial Services or Healthcare sector
– Excellent soft skills required – working with cross functional business lines, need to be able to communicate with all levels within
– Strong coordination skills to manage multiple moving parts required throughout project scope
Nice to have skills:
– Having a terraform background for scripting is a plus