Typical Day in Role:
• Take ownership of your work and deliver scalable, robust, and polished products for end users. –
• Gather and refine business requirements and transform them into concise technical specifications.
• Perform independent research and design efficient solutions which meet specifications and adhere to the industry’s best practices and organizational policies.
• Develop existing and new software products with the goal of providing an outstanding service for our customers.
• Communicate ideas verbally and in writing with the team while making it a practice to document designs, deliverables, as well as any other pertinent information such as operational and support runbooks and processes.
• Derive data insights and apply them to address business opportunities.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 8-10 years of work experience in software engineering, web application, and full-stack development.
3. 5-7 years of work experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python and Bash preferred (other languages also accepted).
4. Experience with DevOps and Cloud technologies. E.g., GCP (preferred), AWS, or Azure.
5. Experience working with databases and key-value data stores (e.g., MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL).
• Knowledge of Python (e.g., Flask, FastAPI) is a very strong plus.
• Advanced experience with Docker/Docker Compose, Kubernetes, GCP and Linux are a very strong plus.
• Experience writing/maintaining Helm Charts (preferable) and working with other IT Automation software (e.g., Ansible, Terraform) is a strong plus.
• Experience with information retrieval systems/search engines such as Lucene, Solr or Elasticsearch is a strong plus.
• Experience with building/using CI/CD pipelines (e.g., ArgoWF/ArgoCD) is a plus.
• Experience with AI Machine Learning (e.g., LLMs) is a plus.
• Experience with web crawlers (e.g., Apache Nutch) is a plus.
• Experience with using a message broker-like service (e.g., RabbitMQ, Kafka, bonus points for GCP Pub/Sub).
• Consistent use of version control (e.g., git).
• You are a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills that you apply to the resolution of complex problems.
• You possess very good interpersonal and communication skills that you use to effectively work with stakeholders and members of the project team.
• You are a voracious learner who likes to take on new challenges, while simultaneously taking pride in continuous improvement of existing software products, with the goal of providing an outstanding service for our customers.
• You have a knack for deriving insights out of data and applying them to address business opportunities.
• You have a university/college degree in a relevant STEM discipline. (Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics) is a strong asset.