Job Posting Title: Software Engineer
Contract Duration: 6 months + good chance of extension (6 months)
Number of positions: 3
Location: WFH (Toronto BCP Lifted)
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours
Software Engineer will have 5+ years of hands-on experience in application design, development, and operations that leverage such technologies as Kafka, Java 8, SpringBoot, RESTful services, Microservices, Messaging middleware technologies such as JMS, MQ, Cloud technologies – IaaS and PaaS, Jenkins and Grade/Maven for EVENT Streaming platform.
Project: Event Layer is an enterprise grade platform providing Event management for bank events that will be used by applications, services, and systems across our clients organization. Event Layer will have external applications produce data to it, is able to ingest data from existing sources and make all of this data available to its external consumers in a safe and secure manner driving reuse, scalability and data availability.
The incumbent should be quick learner and must be adept at trouble-shooting and problem solving in a highly integrated cloud environment. Experience with continuous integration and deployment methodology is an asset.
The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards. Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product's vision.
It is essential that the incumbent to be proactive, eager to learn, have a 'Can Do' attitude, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to succeed.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Work closely with Product Owner and other SMEs to interpret requirements and translate them to software solutions.
• Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies. This includes the design, development, and unit testing of solutions using Java, SpringBoot, RESTful services and a variety of Microservices.
• Create and maintain detailed design documents as well as supporting the lifecycle of those documents.
• Build and test integration software solutions.
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and performance.
• Participate in technical meetings with client's technical specialists.
• Provide support for testing efforts and defect resolution.
• Level 3 support responsibilities are included as well.
Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years’ experience with developing and supporting applications with Java, SpringBoot and RESTful services
2. Recent project experience (Minimum 2-3 projects) designing and developing applications and reusable components using a service-oriented architecture.
3. Recent project experience with Kafka technologies (minimum 1 project) – KAFKA Monitoring and alerting using C3, Dynatrace and Splunk
4. Knowledge and experience in securing data both in transit and at rest (data encryption, PKI, TLS, HTTPS) – proven with minimum 1-2 successful contracts (through concept understanding and execution)
5. Experience Building and deploying pipelines for CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Gradle/Maven, BitBucket) – minimum 2-3 recent projects or 2-years’ experience
• English proficiency. Good communicator- written and oral as the role involves interactions with lot of stakeholders • Excellent team player with experience working in an Agile environment.
• Good organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, and excellent communication skills.
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
• Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
• Must be able to think conceptually out-of-the-box.
Nice to have skills:
• Working knowledge of Confluent Cloud – Kafka in Azure and/or GCP • Build applications in GCP and Azure • Set up and Operate Kafka Clusters- Brokers, Zookeepers, Connect, • Working knowledge of Kafka SMTs, KStreams, KSQLDB, Schema Registry, KAFKA producers and consumers • KAFKA Monitoring and alerting using C3, Dynatrace and Splunk • Working knowledge of Docker and setting up and operating containers • Must be familiar with DevOps software engineering culture and practice.
• Operate Microservices using Java Spring Boot in GCP and Azure • Expertise in Unix Shell Scripting (Minimum 3 years’) • Working knowledge of Kubernetes is an asset • Previous FI Experience is a plus
Minimal educational requirements are a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering/mathematics discipline.
Interview Process: 1 Video Interview through Microsoft Teams Availability to Interview: Immediately (45 min – 1 hour) – IVs to be scheduled daily from 4pm*