Senior Technical Business Analyst x 2
Typical Day in Role
• Work with Program lead to manage requirements related activities and deliverables throughout the project life cycle (e.g., change requests, issues, risks, schedules, status reporting etc.).
Work with the Project Owner and Project Manager to document the project vision and the project’s scope.
• Work with the Project Delivery Teams to identify, anticipate, assess, manage, and resolve issues and risks related to requirements’ activities and deliverables.
• Play a key role in understanding and evolving data-engineered solutions to enable the risk modeling capabilities of our RMA business partners.
• Thoroughly understand and communicate stakeholder requirements and distribute relevant information, documentation, and artifacts to project stakeholders.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis.
• Defining and documenting data dependencies and comprehensive data flow diagrams for developed solutions.
• Leading the Data Governance process by effective managing Data Lineage and Data profiling activities
• Translate high-level business and user requirements into functional & IT specific requirements with appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work & development on the requirements.
• Develop and execute function, end-to-end test cases to ensure requirements are met.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs.
• Work collaboratively with Business and IT staff to develop and maintain thorough knowledge of product, system, and process capabilities, ensuring precise communications between IT and stakeholders, technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
• Providing support to month-end and quarter-end risk model calculations and Capital/Regulatory reporting until transitioned to operations team.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years’ relevant experience, with at least 5+ years’ recent experience as a Technical BA
• 5+ recent hands-on experience writing and reading advanced SQL queries independently
• 4+ years’ experience data management and data analytics experience is required
• Banking experience and understanding of the industry is required
• Experience with Project related tools (e.g. Confluence, JIRA), processes, and the SDLC lifecycle
• Ability to read code (SAS preferred, please clarify known programming language)
• Retail product experience and associated risk models is an asset (PD,EAD, LGD models for Mortgage, Credit Card)
• Working knowledge of SAS, Informatica, DataStage, or Python are an asset
• Database Systems: Hive/Hadoop, DB2 is an asset
• Strong business analysis and writing skills including the ability to select the most appropriate method of communication and to clearly and concisely prepare a variety of business communications, e.g.. Technical and Business Requirements, PowerPoint decks , User Guides, and project implementation / strategy documents.
• Well developed verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and articulate the underlying message effectively with different audiences, e.g. senior management in Information Technology Solutions, business stakeholders
• Detail oriented, methodical and has ability to translate business ideas into automated solutions.
Effective leadership skills, with working knowledge of project management to assume end-to-end ownership of a project and responsibility for the related project deliverables.
• Critical thinker, investigating, analyzing, and resolving complex problems
• Ability to work effectively as a team member in cross-functional project teams.
• Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in providing high quality results.
• Strong data analytic skillset for the purpose of data solutioning, testing/validation and gap analysis.
Best vs Average:
– Seeking a resource who understands data lineage, can read and understand code to translate technical requirements, and can communicate with relevant stakeholders effectively.
– The candidate must have strong project management, communication skills, with hands on experience in execution of all key phases on project lifecycle (e.g. requirements gathering, documentation, design and development, testing, implementation). The incumbent will have strong data analytics skills capabilities using SQL, understanding data models, and will ideally have the ability to read and understand code such as SAS, IBM Informatica, IBM DataStage. Adaptability to self-learn new technologies is a big plus.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required