Senior Project Manager
Story Behind the Need
AML Processes & systems enhancement, implementation projects. AML Risk Project Management Office is seeking a Senior Project Manager to assist with ongoing work as needed.
Typical Day in Role:
– Outline all daily duties, responsibilities, tasks, and accountabilities for the ongoing workstreams within AML risk
– Working with data and analytics people building the AML capabilities and coordinating
– Collaborating with technology PMs
– Directs, manages, and coordinates team members (for potentially multiple projects) including other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and is accountable for delivery of the end to end assigned program/projects
– Determines and establishes the appropriate program/project organizational and work breakdown structures (e.g. projects, workstreams) to accomplish program outcomes
– Ensures program/project milestones and schedule accurately reflects the delivery commitments of subsidiary projects. Ensures an overall integrated delivery plan is developed, maintained and communicated
– Directs strategic AML projects within the lines of business and provides integrated management of subsidiary projects and internal or external stakeholders.
– Accountable for the end to end projects assigned (including related sub-projects)
– Ensures programs are staffed with the right mix of people who exhibit the required perspectives, skills and behaviors.
– Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering assigned strategic projects/programs, including all business, operational and IT deliverables
– Ensures cross-program coordination of activities, deliverables and benefits
– Directly leads all aspects of the program/projects lifecycle and works with matrix business, line of business and technology partners to oversee all phases of the program while ensuring the program structure is designed to achieve the intended business benefit
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 10+ years of experience in a similar PM capacity preferably within a large global FI
2) 8+ years of AML Experience – transaction monitoring, sanctions screening
3) PMP/PMI certification
1) Knowledge and/or experience with data governance an asset
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong stakeholder management skills
•Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time and multitask
• Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.