Job Posting Title: Senior Product Designer
Location Address: Downtown Toronto – WFH
Contract Duration: Feb 15 – April 30, 2021 – will be extended until Oct 31 2021 once additional approvals are in place.
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM
Story Behind the Need
Business group: UX Design – Canada, oversee all digital development initiatives, involvement of product engineering and design.
Project: Product Designer will support the redesign of the web platform that will be up and running this year. Main goal is to work on the web platform modernization.
Reason for request: On going initiative – Part of the team that support web modernization effort.
Candidate Value Proposition: Our client aims at career progression and provides opportunities for professional growth. Very well-developed Design community with different groups of Specialist and Practitioners that are complementary to product design. Plenty of opportunity to learn from the job and people to learn from.
Typical Day in Role:
– Not every single day will be the same
– Product development cycle form discovery to conceptualizing solution, negotiating, define the look and feel of the product and the behavior – hand over specification for engineers to work
– Agile process – part of a team of designers who have a design lead, also two or 3 practitioners that are more senior that will be helping person, coaching and content will be provided to execute work.
Although contract position, interest is for someone to make a career in Scotia Digital.
– You will greatly influence the design decisions for digital experiences that touch millions of users every day.
– You will understand our users’ motivations and needs, leveraging rigorous design research and usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense.
– You will meticulously consider user interactions and journeys and act as an advocate for the constant improvement of both.
– You will produce compelling designs to illustrate concepts iteratively and to be able to provide detailed specifications for software developers.
– You will drive customer testing and incorporate customer research and insights.
– You will demonstrate leadership by acting as design owner within your scrum through the conception, build and release of software features.
– You will synthesize research outcomes into viable product experiences.
– You will exercise a high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front-end technologies and will factor it into your work limitations and constraints knowing when to push boundaries.
– You will advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
– You will provide feedback to other Designers at different levels of experience.
– You will perform in an open environment, striving to be persuasive and engaging while being self-driven.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years of experience Worked on Web Responsive Products – banking portals, service portals
2) 3+ Agile Methodologies Experience, specifically in Product Development Cycle
3) 3+ Years – Product Design Software Experience; with Figma, Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite – to define product journey
4) 3+ Years – Prototyping Skills/Experience
5) Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills – ability to communicate visually, ability to communicate to a wider audience and speak to small groups.
1) Knowledge of Customer Testing
2) Interests in Typography, visual design, web development experience
3) Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Soft Skills Required:
- Motivated – looking for someone who is eager to learn and interested in long term career
- Resilient – go getter, comfortable presenting, asking questions, come to agreements and find middle ground.
Degrees: Masters or Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience).
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 2 Step Process: 1-2 Microsoft Teams Interview • Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP