Senior Java Developer
Typical Day in Role
• Independently develop solutions to resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying financial and technological knowledge. Ability to wear multiple hats at a time to run with multiple ongoing projects.
• Provide third level application support at times when required across multiple business units globally.
• Communicate with different technology and business groups to define requirements and test.
• Deliver the assigned project to specs within the projected timelines.
• Continuously expand on team knowledge.
• Documentation and development of workflow based on project requirements.
• Testing code and ensuring that any bugs are resolved through troubleshooting.
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications.
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment.
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
• Focused on enhancement and consolidation of existing code, as well as removing some components and adding them to the private cloud.
• Working on ION vendor platform.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years of experience in enterprise application development using Java required
• 5+years’ working experience with Unix/Linux environment and proficient in shell scripting
• 5+years’working experience in Oracle and Sybase databases
• 3+ years’ experience with Messaging Bus technologies. Must have at least two of: Kafka, MQ, JMS, or Solace (note that Kafka, MQ, and JMS are most widely used)
• Good working knowledge of design patterns and best practices
• Experience with Fixed Income trading platforms, more specifically ION MMI would be an asset
• Scala experience is an asset
• Working knowledge of functional programming is a plus
• Experience working in capital markets and more specifically Fixed Income trading environment would be an asset
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be a team player
• Ability to work independently
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.