Client: Bell Canada
Position: Senior Front-end Developer
Duration: 12 months
Location: Montreal or Mississauga (3 days a week)
Senior Developer, Front end
The network's cloud infrastructure services team is at the heart of our transformation. Our Vision: To be recognized by tenants as the simplest, most reliable and most adaptable cloud. Nothing less! Our mission is to enable teams to virtualize and cloud network services and applications by providing reliable and secure self-service cloud services, on demand, while supporting them on their journey.
We bring together experts in infrastructure, network, security, storage, cloud computing and software development, led by a team of scrum bosses and senior managers.
The mandate of our team is to build a self-service platform to provide on-demand cloud infrastructure to all internal company customers, leveraging available microservices and various API products.
If you like…
· Be part of a community: ours is great. You will have the opportunity to interact with brilliant people in an agile environment, work in open areas and participate in team building activities.
· Build new systems: you will define and build new platforms and applications
· Interact with people from other industries. You will bridge different business units and collaborate with many teams to create the best product.
· Development and operation (DevOps): continuous integration and deployment, containerization, micro-services and programmable infrastructure.
· Continuous improvement: our team is divided into product brigades that rely on the agile method, we achieve our objectives in shorter cycles, adapting ourselves according to the needs of our tenants in order to continuously improve.
And you want…
· Hone your skills in the latest technologies.
· Embody and promote a quality-driven programming culture.
· Lead the way towards the implementation of services based on a simple and elegant architecture.
· Be part of an organization that uses self-service and on-demand services.
· Openly discuss problems, learn from them and use them as opportunities to strengthen the bonds within the team.
· Prioritize the interests of the team.
… we want to know you!
· Contribute to the development of the platform
· Identify and propose improvements based on software development best practices
· Act as a leader of certain functionalities, meeting with stakeholders and defining the future mode of operation
· Research and integrate the APIs of the integrated platforms (AWS, GCP, Openshift, Vwmare, etc.)
· Actively participate in Agile ceremonies with the objective of continuous improvement of its product, its team and its processes.
· Support platform users and fix bugs
· Minimum 5 years of experience as a software developer
· Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and data structures
· Proven experience in web application development (HTML, CSS, JS/TS)
· Worked with APIs
· Extensive expertise in test integration (unit testing, integration testing, TDD, BDD, etc.)
· An enthusiastic spirit, a strong interest in innovation and an ability to quickly and adapt to new technologies.
· The ability to dissect a business or system problem to find an easy and sustainable modular solution with his team.
· A team spirit and the ability to adapt to uncertain and changing needs.
· Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Knowledge of OpenAPI/Swagger standards
· Hands-on development and operational experience (Gitlab-CI, Docker, Helm, Kubernetes/OpenShift)
· Experience in database management (SQL & NoSQL)
· Extensive experience with API development (Java or Python) and API usage
· Extensive experience in development and architecture (microservices architecture).