Senior Developer, Charlottetown
Priority tasks include, but are not limited to:
– Building new website services as requested;
– Using APIs to save submitted data;
– Using frameworks to build solutions as required;
– Developing new black boxes to expand the functionality of the API framework;
– Participating in the implementation and integration with Mulesoft Enterprise Integration Platform; and
– Participating in the development a new site using multiple levels of authentication to deliver permissible digital services.
The Senior Developer is a highly technical, experienced resource who will work closely with the other members of the project team and plays a key role in architectural discussions, defining solutions, and solving complex technical issues. They will provide mentorship and guidance to junior developers in implementing the approved approach and writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
The Senior Developer must demonstrate three or more years experience in:
– Writing code that was well designed, tested, and put into a production environment;
– Developing or support web applications; and
– Participating in the software development life cycle.
The Senior Developer must have a minimum three years experience with:
– Relational databases such as MySQL;
– Version control using Git; and
– Automation servers such as Jenkins.
The Senior Developer must have some experience or extensive knowledge of:
– HTML, XML, JSON;
– CSS, SASS;
– Containerized apps using Docker;
– Development and use of APIs; and
– OS such as Ubuntu.
Experience in the following will be considered an asset:
– Drupal Content Management System module development;
– Development of black boxes;
– Kubernetes container management; and
– Load testing, load balancing, performance test, automated testing.