Senior Developer – C++ – Python
Story Behind the Need:
• Business Unit: Global Analytics & Financial Engineering team
• The main function of a Developer is to design, develop, and implement applications using in-demand languages and technologies to support business requirements.
• Project: Work on fixed income distributed system and work related to benchmark rate reform
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze business requirements and propose solutions for meeting those requirements.
• Development of solutions to the business requirements.
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution.
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment.
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 10+ years experience of developing analytics and fixed income experience
2) 5+ years of development experience in C++ language including modern versions C++11/14/17
3) 5+ years of experience with Python
4) Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile software development
5) Familiar with capital market trading practice and regulatory requirements
• Structured approach to testing
• Experience with development tools including Visual Studio, make, shell scripting and git
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
• Good time management and organizational skills to effectively manage high scale projects
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required