Senior Business Systems Analyst
Typical Day in Role:
As the Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will have an opportunity to be involved in all phases of the development life cycle, including research, analysis, define, assess and document detailed business and system design requirements (functional, operational, transitional, information and non-functional) for new systems and system enhancements and identify and gaps within current capability. To join our team, the incumbent must be proactive and dynamic, demonstrate initiative, have an eagerness to learn, be adaptable to a high-paced environment, and thrive on challenge.
• Elicit, define, assess and document detailed business and system design requirements (functional, operational, transitional, information & non-functional) for new systems & systems enhancements and identify any gaps within current capability.
• Identify complex process and systems solutions to address major system needs.
• Performs analysis and evaluation of options, alternatives, and system capabilities.
• Provide strong subject matter expertise across multiple functional areas and across functional process flows or functional and cross functional teams.
• Understand complex system integrations including source and target systems and how they relate to each other and perform data analysis.
• Assist with managing projects and coordinate work with Stakeholders and Project Teams and provide post rollout support for system enhancements.
• Coordinate timing for development and testing if the change involves multi-systems to meet deployment date, provide support for developers and testers during the sprints and preparing release notes
• Participating and supporting the Intake process
• Ability to handle multiple projects and activities in a timely, organized manner.
• Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs.
• Ability to facilitate meetings, action plans and audit reports.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst
2) 5+ years’ experience with writing user stories for UI and integration, with APIs and microservices
3) 5+ years’ demonstrated experience with handling multiple systems, working on large complex end-to-end projects
4) 5+ years’ experience writing SDD (System Design Documents)
5) 5+ years’ experience working in an Agile environment
1) Experience in GIC projects
2) BSA experience in Digital Banking an asset
3) Technical skills/background
4) Experience in data analysis and data modeling
5) Experience running refinement and planning sessions
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Creative problem solver, flexible, proactive and able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
• Very strong critical thinking skills
• Relationship building skills
Bachelor’s – in technical field an asset
Business Analyst certification an asset