Job Title: Scrum Master
Contract duration: 8 months + chance of extension
Location: WFH (Toronto when BCP)
Project: The Scrum Master will be joining a team that is key in sourcing the data from the key wealth systems and transforming the data to meet the business objectives. Working on multiple projects
Typical Day in the Role:
– Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning sessions, sprint review and retrospective meetings.
– Manage the team Kanban board and guide the team to update Kanban board and keep it up to date.
– Remove impediments and continuously look to ways in improving process to increase efficiency
– Guide and coach the team to become self-organized and encourage collaboration.
– Support the product owner in maintaining and grooming the product backlog
– Focus on improving team dynamics and performance and work with the team in managing interpersonal conflicts, challenges etc.
– Communicate with the senior management and maintain stakeholders’ relationships
– Manage project budgets and forecasting
– Track projects as it progresses through each stage of project life cycle
– Monitor and document project status and represent the team in program level project meetings and provide updates
– Assist with roadmap planning and capacity planning discussions with leadership
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5-7 years' experience in managing complex delivering software projects
2) Minimum 1 project specifically leading Modernization
3) Recent roles in the Financial Industry is required
4) 5 + years’ Comprehensive knowledge of Agile, Scrum and Jira Applying techniques for effective workflow on Kanban
5) You have demonstrated experience in applying agile methodology to delivering IT projects
6) Excellent communication skills to manage stakeholder relations, and work with cross-departmental teams
– Commercial banking experience is a plus and will be prioritized
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, business, Information sciences or other related field