Typical Day in Role:
• Working with already established Agile team to manage their team events and ceremonies.
• Motivate and inspire new team to adopt, practice and agile, Kanban and scrum principles.
• Engage, inspire, and cultivate high performing team culture.
• Collaborate with team members in-person and virtually from different regions in Canada and possibly globally.
• Collaborate with various stakeholders like product owner, business lines and QA team.
• Utilize Kanban board to manage workflow, measure team capacity and improve collaboration.
1. As a ScrumMaster you will ensure the team enacts the agile principles, values and framework.
• Coach the development team and help lead and insure the “agile mindset” is fully adopted and understood.
• Inculcate core agile values of focus, commitment, respect, openness and courage into the team’s ground rules through leading by example
• Assess and coach the team to higher levels of performance and tracking acceleration metrics.
• Guide the development team on how to integrate agile ceremonies and values into daily work.
• Encourage an environment where an open communication and collaborative problem solving can pave the way for faster removal of any impediments and where the impact of mistakes can be minimized through early detection, making them into learning opportunities
2. Implement and promote use of agile methodology within the team
• Facilitate agile ceremonies including iteration planning, iteration review, retrospectives, and daily standups
• Create a forum for discussing vision, goals, and Product Backlog items amongst the team
• Apply techniques for effective workflow visualization and management (Kanban)
• Identify, manage, and help mitigate issues and risks, with particular emphasis on timely removal of impediments for the team and/or directing obstacles to appropriate owners for quick resolution
• Facilitate identifying and enacting improvement strategies to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
• Track agile metrics to provide statistical proof of momentum and sustainability
• Compliance with our policies and procedures for project delivery
3. Develop and nurture strong partnering relationships with Product Owner/Business Sponsor and stakeholders:
• Develop strong partnership with the Product Owner to gain strong understanding of objectives, sustain open dialogue to manage product backlog efficiently
• Influence a wide range of stakeholders (business, compliance, Legal, IT, etc.) to remove impediments and maximize team output
• Support and educate the Product Owner on agile principles and practices to preserve the team from external pressures which may inhibit its productivity
4. Contribute to building organizational capability and expertise on agile adoption:
• Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the development team (Stakeholders, Executives), acting as a champion of the agile methodology
• Partner with Agile Coach and other agile teams to share findings, best practices, and resources to help mature the organization’s agility
• 5-10 years of IT experience/environment/background (Ex. Previous QA, Developer, etc)
• 5+ years of Scrum Master experience in a recent project/initiative within a true agile environment.
• Experience coordinating and/or leading large cross-functional/cross-regional teams on major organizational projects, preferably in an agile work environment
• Experience with JIRA & Confluence
Nice to have:
• Prior experience in asset/investment management within the financial industry is plus
• Prior Project Management experience
Experience with Mural
• Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
• KMP I (Kanban Systems Design) certification – Nice to have