Job Title: Scrum Master
Duration: 12 months
Experienced Scrum Master needed to further the use of Agile practices at a large Financial Services company. Ideal Scrum Master will be a strong practitioner who with the skills to educate and help mature Agile teams. The Scrum Master will also work with Project and PMO senior leadership to increase team effectiveness. The Scrum Master should have an extensive track record of introducing best practices, overcoming challenges and ensuring that the team has all necessary skills to make them successful.
• Ensures operations run smoothly by facilitating the squad's daily work and helps remove obstacles or impediments for squad members to achieve optimum productivity.
• Captures Sprint Metrics Responsible for tracking the squad's daily progress
• Responsible for identifying the squad's strengths and weaknesses and leads the squad in process improvements
• Coach agile teams and Product Owners on Agile practices, techniques, and semantics ensuring that all team-related ceremonies take place and those who attend understand their purposes while teaching all to keep within the time-boxes.
• Provide support for the development of a sustainable Enterprise Agile Framework.
• Identify and coach internal Agile champions, in order to remove reliance on external mentors.
• Ensure Agile metrics are being tracked, monitor them for indications of current or potential problems, and assist team implement solutions to those problems.
• Help resolve impediments that prevent Agile teams from completing sprint commitments.
• Assist in Agile Iteration and Release Planning; provide Program Manager guidance in creating artifacts; capture team capacity hours for the planned upcoming release and for each sprint therein; facilitate team breakout sessions with an eye on process and related best practices; provide coaching where needed; help update Release/Program Plan with Features and Dependencies; facilitate backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily stand up, sprint reviews and retrospectives (capture retrospective results with an eye on process and practice improvement)
• Experience executing Agile projects in large, complex environments
• Extremely deep knowledge of Agile principles and practices
• World-class facilitation and communication skills
• Candidates need to be able to take a pragmatic approach in coaching the teams with the ability to adapt based on the agile ‘readiness’ of the team they are working with.
• Strong Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• 5+ years in Project Management roles (using Agile and Traditional methods)
• 2+ years Scrum Master / Agile Coach / Management consulting experience with teams that are new to Agile practices
• 2+ years delivering Agile projects utilizing a variety of methods including Scrum, XP, and Kanban using collocated and offshore distributed delivery models
• Financial Services background
• Agile/Scrum master certifications
• Proficiency with multiple Agile Lifecycle Management tools (e.g. HP Agile Manager, Rally, Version1)
• Some background as a developer, tester, business analyst
• Experience developing training materials and conducting training