Job Title: Scrum Master
Location: WFH (Toronto once on site)
Contract Length: 6 months (possibility for extension based on performance and funding)
Our large financial client is seeking an experienced Scrum Master for an AML Regulatory upgrade called PCMLFTA. The project is already in progress and is focused on maintain and upgrading business regulations for the digital channels.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain further experience within Digital channels and work with newer AML technology.
The ScrumMaster is responsible for driving team effectiveness by identifying and removing impediments, supporting the team, and encouraging practices in accordance with agile principles. The ScrumMaster is empowered to introduce better ways to drive team productivity. They guide the team by embodying agile values, facilitating ceremonies and supporting a culture of continuous improvement and shared practices. The incumbent will actively participate in developing and maintaining a high performing, self-organizing team.
– As a ScrumMaster you will ensure the team enacts the agile principles, values and framework:
– Provide support to teams using a servant leadership style
– Work with other technology teams to coordinate and deliver project
– Lead Scrum and sprint meetings
– Follow scrum methodologies
– Program manager will be doing majority of the reporting, but Scrum Master will be partnering to ensure the requirements are being driven by the team
– They will be working with the AML manager and will be acting as the Project Manager to ensure the full scope of the work. Will be working with the Program Manager closely throughout this Agile methodology.
Must Have Skills:
1. 3 – 5 years' experience in managing and delivering complex software projects. Previous major bank experiences are mandatory.
2. Demonstrates strong knowledge of Agile methodology while delivering IT projects. Ideally has Certified Scrum master certification (CSM / PMP)
3. Financial Industry work experience is required
4. Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies.
– Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
– Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
– Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
– Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
– Demonstrates proactivity and accountability
Education: Business Degree in Ecommerce, Business Administration or similar field is required
Nice to have:
– Experience from any major banks is a big plus and will be prioritized
– AML Driven projects are a nice to have and will be prioritized