QA Test Analyst – API Automation
Typical Day in Role:
-Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
-Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
-Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
-Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
-Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
-Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
-Create or maintain databases of known test defects
-Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
-Experience in testing software
-Experience in writing test documentation such as Test Plans, scripts and test results reports
-Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
– Willing to help manual testing team and work with them to identify automatable test cases and reduce regression test workload.
•In conjunction with the development team, decide where to build automated and manual tests, develop/create test data, construct and execute exploratory, system, regression, migration, back-end, and user acceptance tests and determine whether to create automation frameworks.
•Write clear and concise defect reports and work as an empathetic advocate for the user’s quality experience. Triage and prioritize defects for remediation, with the Product Owner and development team.
•Conduct exploratory testing to find bugs that other testing means would not find during every sprint and drive testing workshops.
•Willing to help manual testing team and work with them to identify automatable test cases and reduce regression test workload.
-Design test approach, Develop Test Strategies and Plans. Align test cases to requirements and user stories.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years of experience in architecting and building automated testing frameworks, make decisions on using data driven, keyword driven, hybrid or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) frameworks. (Go above and beyond the traditional approaches to automate, and build custom automation scripts to test repetitive tasks, create test data or regression test high value test cases.)
2) 2+ years of experience in tools Selenium, TestNG, LogBack, Rest Assured Library, Allure, and Java language.
3) 2+ years Experience in Postman
4) Familiarity with the concept of in-sprint automation and integrating test scripts with DevOps tools like Jenkins, Artifactory.
5) 2+ years of Experience in SQL Query and SQL Developer for data base testing
•Familiarity with SaaS and cloud-based operating model.
•Experience in performing accessibility testing activities by ensuring accuracy of guidelines and overall accessible quality of the application under test by using NVDA Screen Reader, Lighthouse, keyboard Testing, Screen magnification, Color Contrast tools
– Experience in AEM Authoring Testing
– experience in Cross browser and devices testing with Selenium Grid, BrowserStack, SouceLabs etc.
– Experience in JIRA/Confluence
– Bitbucket/Git suite and managing test cases, test plans using Jira plugins like X-ray or Zephyr
Soft Skills Required:
-Proactive attitude and eager to learn
-organization and accuracy
Post-Secondary degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
Best vs. Average Candidate
The ideal candidate would have strong API automation experience and would have AEM Authoring Testing experience as well Accessibility testing experience.