Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 4 months – possibly for extension
Story Behind the Need
Project: Seeking a QA / QC Analyst to contribute to the overall success of eCommerce and Digital Customer Experience team in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. This candidate ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also the opportunity to work with cross functional teams as well and be considered for extension and conversion. The candidate will be working hands on with some of the latest banking technologies in and forward thinking in fast paced environment.
Typical Day in Role
– Perform testing for assigned projects by reviewing project documentation, preparing test documentation and executing test activities for multiple, parallel initiatives.
– Perform various types of testing including Functional testing, Accessibility testing, User Interface testing, Cross-browser & Cross-device testing across desktop, mobile devices and tablets, Content testing, URL redirection testing, and Regression testing.
– Complete Quality Assurance deliverables on time, as per the schedule.
– Report defects in defect tracking tool and work closely with the team so that solutions can be determined, prioritized and scheduled.
– Provide regular status updates and call out risks and issues to release and project timelines.
– Provide inputs for root cause analysis of post-production issues and plan to prevent them in future.
– Have in-depth and up-to-date understanding of the organization’s products, applications, systems, environments, processes and tools.
– Learn and leverage new tools and methodologies for Quality Assurance, on a continuous basis.
– Assist with initiatives to streamline QA processes and implement best practices.
– Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with bank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience, with proficiency in testing websites, mobile web and mobile apps (Android and iOS)
2) 5 + years of experience in Functional testing, User Interface testing, Cross-browser and Cross-device testing, Content testing and Regression testing
3) Working knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), accessibility testing methodologies and tools – demonstrated by work in at least 2 recent projects
– 3+ years of experience testing Automated Banking Machines
– 3+ years of experience testing websites with AEM (Adobe Experience Manager)
– Have detail-oriented approach to testing
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Fast learner with an appetite to learn what’s behind simple and complex financial solutions
– Candidate must be comfortable working as part of a team and encourage both individual and collaborative innovation
– Ability to work in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
– Positive and resilient personality – Able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred
– Bachelors degree or equivalent required
– Certifications: All preferred
– ISTQB or related