Contract Duration: 9 months
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need
Client is looking to fill thier team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done. By joining their team, you will make an impact on their customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world. As the QA Engineer, you’ll be working very closely with your scrum team to evangelize an emphasis on quality. You’ll develop, implement and execute test plans and test cases based on user stories.
Candidate Value Proposition –
• Client has an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! They provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
• Career progression opportunities. They hire you for your talent and not just for the job. They want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
Typical Day in the role:
– Scrum team, – Tickets assigned, work through backlog
– QAT Sign off, regression, sanity, general test cases associated.
– Test approaching plan, risk assumptions, highlighting dependencies, understanding what is in scope and out of scope
– You think outside the box
– Your passion for technology extends beyond the workplace
– You will be testing web applications, mobile applications and REST API.
– You will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining manual and automation testcases
– You will be executing the automation tests and maintain the existing automation framework
– You’re diligent with documenting your test plans, test cases and bug reports
– You’re an excellent communicator, detail-oriented and quality-focused
– You have experience with interacting and coordinating test activities among multiple teams
– You have a positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
– You work closely with your scrum team to design and develop test strategies, testability requirements and implementation strategies
• You have 3 or more years of experience in software development and automated testing tools
• You have a good understanding of software testing methodologies (functional vs non-functional testing)
• You have experience working in agile teams either using Scrum or Kanban.
• You are capable of executing QE activities within sprint and work closely with development and business teams to plan, report, prioritize and drive continuous improvement
• You have experience in mobile applications testing – Android and iOS
• You have experience with cross-browser and cross-device testing for web and mobile applications
• You have knowledge of executing/debugging automation scripts for mobile and web applications using Appium and Selenium
• You have hands-on experience with identifying defects, minimizing steps to replicate and log issues into a defect tracking tool (JIRA or similar ticketing systems)
• You are familiar with the types of testing including regression, performance, stress, unit, integration, and security testing
Qualifications/ Must have:
1. 5-6 + years of prior working experience gaining the understanding of both functional vs nonfunctional testing.
2. Identify and prioritize test cases, APIs and web application.
3. 2-3 years of prior working experience within Automation testing using Selenium. Locators identifications, basic coding skills.
4. 5-6 + years of prior Manual testing experience (75% Manual 25% automations)
5. Ability to work with multiple teams.
Nice to Have skills:
2. Knowledge of tools and frameworks such as WebdriverIO, REST Assured, Cucumber, Mocha and Axe-core
3. Knowledge of version control systems (Git) and CI/CD tools (Jenkins)
4. Prior FI or Banking Experience
5. You have experience with Accessibility testing and tools such as JAWS, NVDA, Lighthouse, etc.
6. You are capable of executing test cases on English and French language, and documenting results for various types of testing as required (applies to smoke, integration, functional and regression testing)
7. You have experience with testing REST API and are proficient in use of API testing tools – Postman and Swagger
8. You have experience working in agile teams either using Scrum or Kanban.
9. Computer engineering background will be preferred.
Computer engineering background will be preferred.