QA Analyst – ETL (Bill 64 Compliance)
Project: Candidate will be working on the Bill-64 project
Typical Day in Role
• Develop, Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
• Test system modifications for areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
• Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen and database validations
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
• Develop, maintain and communicate (stakeholder presentation) delivery status, KPI and metric scorecards, quality checks and knowledge management solutions.
• Perform test execution and present roadmap as needed.
• Communicating with an average of three other QAs, Scrum master, developers, etc. from the same lab
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 10+ years of experience working as a Test Analyst
2. Proficiency with Excel
3. ETL knowledge (e.g. create TEMP table to load CSV to parse the loaded in the DB data)
4. Experience with Jira
5. 3+ years of experience with Flat file (CSV) parsing, such as getting unique values, finding duplicates, data format validation etc.
Nice to Have:
– Web Browser-based data extraction
– Regular Expressions
• Strong communication skills – must be able to explain things clearly to project team members
• Strong diagnostic, analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving skills
• Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
Best vs Average: This is a fast-paced environment and candidates who will be able to join without too much additional training would be the best fit. Seeking candidates who are capable of working independently without too much handholding.
Degrees or certifications:
• Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required