Location Address: WFH, then Toronto when restrictions are lifted
Contract Duration: 1 year
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT Data and Analytics Technology
• Project: Client Analytics Reporting Platform: The Finance and Client Trading metrics System and Client Analytics System are an internally built systems used to track and monitor client activity to provide enhance analytics, client value reporting, customer profitability and performance management. The Trade, End of day Positions, Book, Product and Client details transactional data are captured from the various trading systems and stored in a database. Most of the data flows in automatically while some data is captured manually.
• Reason for request: Backfill FTE candidate on Mat Leave.
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on the modernization of the legacy platform, working with some of the latest analytics tools in the current market.
Typical Day in Role
• Building new builds, enhancements and fixes for existing reporting applications working in a Python based environment
• Supporting day-to-day operations and end-user inquires for any data discrepancies
• Communicating with application team (developers, BAs, and project managers) in daily huddles, as well as business users
• Primarily back-end, will support business group that is working with the end users
• Responsible for implementing the changes to the production environment
• Responsible for providing technical documentation
• The role is responsible for technical analysis, design, development, coding implementation, and providing the delivery of complex operational processes and applications within an agile MIS environment
• The position requires excellent technical skills, incumbent ideally possessing a software engineering background, as well as the ability to understand and apply knowledge of business products and internal application relationships in order to design and create operationally stable MIS results.
• The incumbent must have excellent analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills in order to quickly and effectively resolve technical and operational problems within daily and monthly job streams.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience using Python
o Development techniques, such as debugging, testing, coding, and use of productivity tools
• 5+ years’ experience SQL (MySQL or Postgres)
• 5+ years’ knowledge working with code repositories (BitBucket required, GIThub is an asset) and deployment tools (Jenkins required)
• Strong working knowledge of Linux OS and experience working on Cloud Platforms (will be using internal private cloud platform)
• Spark/Scala, Kubernetes, and/or DevOps experience would be an asset
• Capital Markets experience
• Knowledge of Jira and Confluence tools
• Multiple computing platforms such as Hadoop, Windows, UNIX
• Knowledge of bank application sources for wholesale customers and financial metrics associated with profitability and risk.
• Strong written and verbal communication required
• Self-motivated and curious (ability to question and understand issues)
• Team Player
• The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly curious individual with leadership skills and evolved technical skills which will be used to resolve complex business and system problems.
Best vs Average: Ideal candidate would already have ETL pipeline experience, knows the role of a data engineer, Python, financial bank experience in the same analytical area (role of developer doing data transformation using Python tools), database experience, team player.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: 2 rounds (panel) + potential codility after first round