Typical Day in Role
• Project aims to implement a counterparty credit risk check in to existing system.
• Primary function is to support the building out of a reporting system.
• Building the limit reporting system to display credit check information.
• Development of calculation and/or reporting applications
• Producing thorough, clear, and detailed documentation
• Communicating with stakeholders to ensure they are implementing best practices, integrating existing technologies, etc.
• Leveraging existing infrastructure to communicate information between systems and applications.
• Will be working on creating net new code and enhancement of existing code in a 70/30 capacity, depending on project deliverables.
• Working collaboratively with project team, participating in scrums and meetings, implementing all steps of SDLC.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years’ experience in the capacity of a developer
• 5+ years’ hands on experience in Python Django/Flask web framework.
• 5+ years’ hands on experience using all listed Python libraries: NumPy, SciPy, Panda
• 3 + years’ experience with Unix/Linux environment and proficient in shell scripting
• 5 + years’ experience with RDMS including: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, or Sybase
• 2+ years’ recent experience in Object Oriented Programming (Java)
• 1+ yeas’ experience with Messaging Bus technologies such as Kafka, MQ and JMS
• Banking or Capital Markets experience is an asset
• Previous credit risk monitoring systems experience is an asset
• Good communication, both written and oral, whether producing documentation or attending meetings with other developers, non-technical team members, or external stakeholders
• Proactively raise issues as they are identified
• Creativity and resourcefulness in solving problems within the framework of the existing technology stack
• Willingness to learn and upgrade skills as needed on the job
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.