Role: Python Developer
Duration: 3 Month contract to start – strong possibility of extension
Story behind the need:
The GRT – Trade Floor Risk Management and Risk Models group has a requirement on their Credit Risk Systems team for a Int. Python Developer to work on a third-party vendor application called IBM Algo Credit. This need came about as a back-fill opening for a Sr. Developer that got pulled away on other projects.
Key Job Accountabilities
•Analyzing, designing, and developing applications
•Having strong application testing, integration, and implementation experience.
•Resolving complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the needs of the supported Line of Business, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions.
•Participate in the systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
•Provide business support to all units, including new and existing product and deal structuring, ad hoc queries, designing and implementing systems enhancements.
•Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, and rapidly changing technology
• Key technology skills: Hard-core Python experience (3+ years)
• Strong in other different Technology development (e.g. Python 3, Pytest, Java 7 and up, JUnit, MVC, RDBMS, noSQL, RESTful API, Kafka)
• Expertise in troubleshooting and analyzing issues in Unix/Linux environment
• Comfortable working in an Agile environment, and familiar with Agile development practice, i.e., Automated Testing, Test Driven Development, CI/CD
• Experience with latest automated build/integration/testing tools: e.g. Maven, Bamboo, Artifactory, GitHub, Jenkins, Jira
• Capital Market or Counterparty Credit Risk management working experience will be nice.
• Experience in Cloud or Grid computing will be a very valuable member to the team.
• Django experience will be a great asset.
• Senior candidate (10+ years) should have experience with solution design/requirement analysis for mid-large size project
• This is a 3-month initial contract but this is actually a long-term engagement with a guaranteed extension based on performance
• The Manager is open to Jr. candidates with 2 – 3 years of experience – but they need to be absolute Rock-Stars!
• The manager said that if you are unable to find hardcore python developers then Java or C++ developers will work as long as they have hands-on end-to-end experience working with Python as well on at least one project. PLEASE NOTE: C# developers will not be considered because they are not accustomed to Unix/Linux.