Job Title: Python Developer
Duration: 5 months (possibility for extension)
Story Behind the Need: The GCMT – Global Equity Technology and Quantitative Trading Solutions group at bank is working on a new project that will be looking at technical patterns to determine MTM pricing. This challenging project will require a strong developer who understands how to integrate and design Web Services in a Linux / Unix environment.
• Reason for request: Net New Project – Workload
Candidate Value Proposition
This group is working on a net new project and needs a strong Python Developer who has experience integrating Web Services into large environments. This challenging position will focus on integration of Linux and Unix environments into Microservice environments
Typical Day in Role:
• Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions
• Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes
• Modify existing databases and database management systems and/or direct programmers and analysts to make changes
• Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. Must have technical hands-on working experience with Object-Oriented Design, Design Patterns.
2. Strong Python Skills: Python experience as an application develop language (version 3 is preferred).
3. Solid web service experience.
4. Solid integration and trouble-shooting experience in Linux/Unix Environments.
5. Comfortable working in an Agile environment, and familiar with Agile development practice, i.e., Automated Testing, Test Driven Development, Continuous integration and delivery. Python unit test experience with Pytest or Junit is mush have.
Nice to have skills:
– Capital Market or Risk management working experience will be an asset.
– Git/Bitbucket/CIAD experience is plus
Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
Candidate Review & Selection
• 3 Step process: Brief phone screen, technical test and in person