Typical Day in Role
• Working closely with Scrum Masters
• Proactively support the team by guiding the team to identify blockers, assisting the team by removing blockers. Partner with Senior Project Manager and Scrum Master to achieve the objectives. When necessary, escalates conflict to the Leadership Team for support.
• Responsible for the execution of day-to-day project and task-oriented work efforts and meeting project expectations for established time, cost, and specification definitions.
• Responsible for assembling and implementing project plans including release plans.
• Responsible for providing regular, standardized reporting for team performance: velocity, stories completed and project status
• Builds and maintains solid, professional working relationships with peers within the Technology team & with business lines.
• Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices, and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing, and implementing software solutions.
• Works with team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments. Accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team: surface, track, escalate.
• Regularly communicates with other scrum teams to ensure tactical story alignment and identifies/tracks dependencies between team.
• Provide standardized reporting for 1) team performance: velocity, stories completed, 2) project status.
• Budget: accountable for awareness and communication to stakeholders.
• Engages stakeholders as needed for consultation and counsel throughout the course of the project.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7+ years of hands-on project manager/ software delivery experience in the banking industry Experience with delivering projects
2) 3+ years working in an agile environment and managing projects with a Scrum team
3) Experience with in negotiating & building effective relationships within various levels of an organization to achieve desired outcomes. Proven ability to influence stakeholders so can achieve project objectives.
4) Experienced in preparing executive presentation materials & updates
5) Familiar with JIRA and using JIRA to build scrum board
1) Track records of successful delivery of compliance & regulatory projects in capital market.
• Comfortable with pivoting ? Solid track records of successful delivery in environments with constant changes, aggressive timelines, and complex requirements.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
• Being self-directed and confident to work independently. With good judgement to know when supervisor’s help is needed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Resilient, resourceful, comfortable with uncertainty and frequent pivoting
• Solid conflict management and resolution skills – build consensus, anticipate, and solve problems
• High analytical ability to break down complex issues to solvable pieces
• A true servant leader with a team-first mindset, able to contribute to the building of a high performing team with a high degree of trust.
• A fast learner, comfortable with working through ambiguity
Degrees or certifications:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required