Location Address: hybrid – once a week onsite
Contract Duration: 1 year
Possibility of extension & conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday (Possible OT)
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Global Compliance Transformation Program Office
The senior project manager will be managing a program of 15 million dollars across the North American countries as well as EMEA.
Candidate Value Proposition:
-working with multiple stakeholders including senior leadership
Typical Day in Role:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Ensures that all active projects within the Program have up-to-date project plans and schedules and adhere to the Enterprise Delivery Framework (EDF)
• Assumes overall responsibility for ensuring that the Program is adequately resourced
• Assumes overall responsibility for timely Program status reporting
• Assumes overall responsibility for ensuring that the actual Program financial results are analyzed against allocated budgets in order to identify any financial variances and gaps, and determining appropriate actions to address these variance and gaps
• Assumes overall responsibility for day-to-day planning, management and control of projects, including the selection of methodologies, techniques and tools that are appropriate to the project(s)
• Assumes accountability for ensuring successful completion of all phases of the projects from the analysis to the implementation
• Is responsible for management and control of delegated Program budget and ensures that Program deliverables are completed within the allocated budget
• Assumes overall responsibility for clearly defining program objectives, leading development of the implementation plan as well as ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and to specific quality standards
• Assumes responsibility for ongoing communication and interface with Program stakeholders and ensures for timely status reporting submissions to the Program Director. Each Project Manager will supply the detail for this reporting at the Project level.
• With assistance from the Program Manager(s) ensures that any required changes to scope/deliverables, schedules, resources and budgets are evaluated at the Program level, as well as Bank wide, and follows Change Management Process for proper review and approval by the Program Steering/Review Committee and Executive Team.
• Identify and raise project risks and I and prepare mitigation plans. Ensures appropriate actions to remediate risks are exercised as required
• Helps to develop and manage program charter and business case
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with the bank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 10+ years of experience in the management of large scale programs/projects.
2) 5+ years’ experience as a PM in banking or capital markets
3) 5+ years’ experience in negotiation and managerial duties
4) 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft apps including Microsoft Project, Excel, PPT
5) 5+ years’ experience managing project financials and creating business cases
6) Extension domain knowledge and first half experience with implementation of TradingHub and Nasdaq Trade Surveillance (NTS)
1) PMP certification
2) experience with Clarity
Soft Skills Required:
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are essential in dealing with many senior internal and external parties, as well as preparing program updates for Executive Management.
• Excellent time management skills required managing multiple resources and competing timelines.
-strong strategic thinking skills
A team player with a track record for meeting strict deadlines
Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Engineering or related technical program
Best vs. Average Candidate
The best candidate would have capital market knowledge with the other must have skills. The ideal person would have solid experience managing large and complex projects within that industry.