Typical Day in Role:
• Direct planning, scheduling, resource engagement, milestones determination, and final deliverables definition within the project.
• Engage stakeholders to communicate end objective, key milestones and milestone deliveries.
• Create project plans and manage dependencies in accordance with project needs.
• Conduct appropriate status review sessions and escalate issues as necessary.
• Manage the project budget by contributing to monthly forecasts, quarterly accruals, and year end carry forwards.
• Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution.
• Develop a strong partnership with the Business Sponsor to gain strong understanding of requirements, sustain open dialogue to manage product backlog efficiently, and facilitate and drive the benefits of the project.
• Collaborate with project teams to ensure business needs and outcomes of the project are achieved.
• Establish scope of the project; monitor and control scope to ensuring focus on delivery.
• Manage reporting for all work packages within the project.
• Establish roles and responsibilities in the project.
• Identify resource requirements, set expectations, and manage stakeholders to enable efficient and effective achievement to project outcomes
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1)3+ years previous or current work experience in the Banking industry.
2)3-5 years Project Management experience with high complexity, high risk and large budgets (preferably within banking)
3) Basic knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio etc
4) Knowledge of project management tools (e.g., CA PPM) and techniques.
1) Payment Clearing knowledge
2) PMP certification.
Soft Skills Required:
-Strong communication (verbal/written/presentation)
– Relationship building
– analytical skills
– problem solving skills
– attention to detail
– Mature interpersonal skills with the ability to work with, and influence, all types of professionals.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline.