Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 6/7 – 1 year contract
Story Behind the Need
Business group: a multi-Year program responsible for managing outstanding compliance, regulatory issues, and audit findings.
Project: Key priorities to meet global regulatory expectations. This is a new stream to implement Trade Surveillance against Watch and Restricted List securities / instruments is being established.
A dedicated PM is required to ensure that the project management discipline is followed, and business objectives are timely achieved.
Candidate Value Proposition: This initiative is is a top priority for the bank – all the Issue Management is an enterprise wide initiative, provides exposure to different lines of business and stakeholders. Project provides exposure to both business and technology side.
Typical Day in Role:
– Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Provide expertise on project management practices and advise the team on the integration of waterfall and agile methodology into their projects.
– Lead monitoring project transformational design and maintains traction throughout.
– Manage project schedule, budget, RAID, and related status updates
– Plans delivery of assigned projects including work plans, budgets, and resource plans.
– Manage project schedules including resources, timelines, budget, and related communications
– Coordinating with stakeholders to coordinate where business is with all the task, Managing stakeholders, issues and risks.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7-10 Years Project Management Experience with strong understanding and knowledge of PM Foundations and Disciplines. Minimum of 3+ in the banking sector. Preferably, has a background in the Risk and Regulatory Compliance space.
2) Experience Managing large projects ($2-5MM or more) with a large stakeholder population.
3) 1-2 Years – Experience/Managing with Technology Projects.
4) 5-7 Years’ experience with MS Project
5) Excellent Communication Skills – clearly be able to articulate and identify issues and risk within the project.
2) Experience in Insider Trading/Capital Markets Experience
Soft Skills Required:
1) Stakeholder Management and Relationship
2) Ability to bring stakeholders together for resolving issues and risk
3) Team player
4) Self-Motivated and Self Driven
Degrees: Bachelor’s Degree