Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 5/10 – 6 months – possibility of extension
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Program office that is responsible for Compliance transformation and TPRM. Multi-Year programs that deal with outstanding compliance and regulatory issues, audit findings or issues that regulators have.
Project: Specifically Issue Management Workstream. The scope of this project is process technology components; however, the technology has already been implemented – this project is updating/fixing the system with enhancements.
40% System, 30% Policy Procedures, 30% Data Analytics
Candidate Value Proposition: This initiative is part of a program which is a top priority for the bank – all the Issue Management is an enterprise wide initiative, provides exposure to different lines of business and stakeholders. Project provides exposure to both business and technology side.
Typical Day in Role:
– Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Provide expertise on project management practices and advise the team on the integration of waterfall and agile methodology into their projects.
– Lead monitoring project transformational design and maintains traction throughout.
– Manage project schedule, budget, RAID, and related status updates
– Plans delivery of assigned projects including work plans, budgets, and resource plans.
– Manage project schedules including resources, timelines, budget, and related communications
– Coordinating with stakeholders to coordinate where business is with all the task, Managing stakeholders, issues and risks.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7-10 Years Project Management Experience with strong understanding and knowledge of PM Foundations and Disciplines. Minimum of 3+ in the banking sector. Preferably, has a background in the Risk and Regulatory Compliance space.
2) Experience Managing large projects ($2-5MM or more) with a large stakeholder population.
3) 1-2 Years – Experience/Managing with Technology Projects.
4) 5-7 Years’ experience with MS Project
5) Excellent Communication Skills – clearly be able to articulate and identify issues and risk within the project.
2) Experience with Issues Management/Case Management
Soft Skills Required:
1) Stakeholder Management and Relationship
2) Ability to bring stakeholders together for resolving issues and risk
3) Team player
4) Self-Motivated and Self Driven
Degrees: Bachelor’s Degree