The Project Coordinator is responsible for successfully delivering projects that enable corporate strategy. The incumbent will support Project Managers by providing administrative assistance while closely working with staff from all departments.
* Manage the coordination of meetings, which includes:
o Send out meeting invitations
o Compile and distribute agendas
o Book meeting rooms
o Arrange for smooth and efficient meeting facilitation
o Provide assistance with the development of presentation materials
o Facilitate some project meetings as required
o Take meeting minutes and follow up on identified action items
* Tracking program status, manage schedule and perform time tracking of the project
o Create Integrated Project Plan
o Prepare and deliver consolidated status reports
o Prepare consolidated time tracking and milestone reports
o Collect weekly snapshots of each project's schedule through MS Project
o Maintain the Program Milestone Chart, Roadmap, and dependency log
o Track progress against key milestones, update the budget, and monitor all project expenses
o Maintain the project schedule and update the Integrated Project Plan
* Responsible for tracking all project gate artifacts and certifications, to ensure all requirements across the program are fulfilled while simultaneously applying the project management methodology.
* Ensure artifacts and deliverables meet audit requirements
* Establish and maintain organized electronic filing systems to ensure that business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are readily available.
* Identify and develop process enhancements where applicable.
* Act as resource to users, project groups, and management as necessary and raise any issues and risks to the Project Manager in a timely manner.
* Other duties as required.
* Post-secondary education and / or equivalent on the job experience.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a project management environment.
* Demonstrated understanding of the Project Management life cycle.
* Advanced knowledge of all standard PC software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite etc.) and Microsoft Project, Visio or equivalent other mapping or planning tools.
* Knowledge of SharePoint is an asset.
* Knowledge of Property and Casualty industry, products and terminology is an asset.
* Fluently bilingual (English / French) is an asset.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities, and deliver results according to deadlines.
* Able to work with long-term perspective in addressing customer or business area problems/issues.
* Ability to foster and build effective working relationships with business areas both inside and outside the work unit.
* Commitment to high standards of performance and goals.
* Strong interpersonal skills to foster collaboration among team members and functional areas.
* Excellent knowledge of project management best practices and methodologies.
* Demonstrate a strong analytical, and objective perspective.
* Strong understanding of process and workflow management.
* Excellent facilitation skills.
* Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional and technical development.
* Results-oriented approach to tasks.
* Team player who can work under minimal supervision.