Job Posting Title: Project Control Officer
Location Address: WFH (Scarborough, ON)
Contract Duration: 6 months (possibility for extension based on funding & performance)
Number of Positions: 2 Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm (some flexibility)
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Project Delivery & Support Group supports the Canadian Banking Technology (CBT) and the GET Group for their ongoing Project Manager and PCO needs.
• Project: The CBT group is searching for 3 strong Financial PCOs to help support confidential forecasting for high profile projects due next year (2 PCOs for Wealth Management, 1 for CFs & CPF project) • Reason for request: New role
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an intricate team that supports one another in a fast-paced environment within IT&S.
Typical Day in Role
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours) • Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed-on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
Must Have Skills:
- 5 + years’ managing Project financials (forecast, accruals, spend, budget) for large corporate (Insurance/FI/Banking) environments, ideally for one of the big 5 banks
- 3 + years’ experience creating and working with excel tables – able to pivot tables as needed and create visualizations to primarily forecast for the month
- Maintain and drive project artifacts (project logs, schedules, etc.) – 3+ years of experience
- Strong communication and analytical skills – may be tasked to present to VPs monthly financials – must be able to articulate those needs
Nice to have:
– CA PPM
– PMP Certification
– Agile experience
– Exposure to project work
– Power BI, Confluence, Jira
Degrees or certifications:
– Formal Project Management Education is desired, Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
– 2 Steps: Two IVs: (over teams) (1st with Resource Manager + 2nd with senior CBT project leads)