Location: Toronto, WFH for now.
Duration: ASAP to 10/31/2021
Story Behind the Need
Business group: AI team for the bank, part of the Data Office. Responsible for projects in the customer insights data and analytics team. Data Analytics and Data office, responsible for providing project management support – cross functional team.
Project: This workstream requires someone who is strong and understands Data Modeling.
Candidate Value Proposition: This role is not a paper pusher – this role will add value, not all organizations look at Project/Program managers in this way. Culture – want to hear opinions, have a voice, feel comfortable. Client empowers people to make decisions.
Typical day in the role
– Depends where you are on the PMLC
– Person will be inheriting a project, early stages (project initiation)
– Executive on deliverables, creating project plan on next phase, creating business cases.
– Communicate with analyst and SVP's
– Takes a design focus to lead delivery of complex technical assignments and projects where direct precedents do not readily apply
– Hybrid model (waterfall and agile)
– Is accountable for planning the end-to-end design of significant processes and programs (the full journey)
– Takes a holistic focus (owner through conception, build and release journey or implementation of design.
– Recommends and architects design solutions (plugs and plays) within area of specialty as part of the broader roadmap
– Orchestrates idea generation and more complex problem definition (e.g. product stories, scenarios, system requirements etc.)
– Impacts solution design and risk mitigation of products, services or platforms supported
– Identifies and recommends opportunities to leverage, reuse and scale
– Provides technical advice and leads the development of the roadmap within the context of a technical specialty
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
– Execution scheduled for end of June, targeted go live date is end of October
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 10 + Years of Sr. Project Manager or Junior Program Manager experience in a large enterprise, preferably in banking, budgeting projects of 10 MM+. Needs to understand PM methodology, how to put project plans together, how to drive value, how to write decks, etc.
2) 2-5 Years – Understanding Data Modeling/Use Cases – be able to build a model, give predictive analysis.
3) PMP Certification
4) 10+ Years – MS Project Experience
5) 10/10 Communication Skills – Verbal and Written, need to be clear, concise and professional
Soft Skills Required:
1) People and communication Skills – very important
2) Experience dealing Ambiguity
3) Willing to take on new projects if they come up
4) Thought leader
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred not required if they have experience
Certifications: PMP – Must Have