Typical Day in Role
GBME’s Global Trading & Risk Engineering (“GTRE”), Technology Business Management, Strategy & Operations team is looking for a creative, quick-learning and self-starting individual with a combination of strategic thinking and execution, strategic workforce planning experience, operational efficiency, financial and business acumen who can develop, implement and manage multiple key initiatives for the team that would help attract and retain talent and bring a great employee experience for our team.
No two days are ever the same, but here is a sample of some of the programs you would be running in this role –
• Developing executive presentations and leading off-sites
• Partnering with bootcamps and universities to get graduate profiles
• Working with HR to develop marketing material or have GBME staff attend recruitment events to showcase the team
• Collaborating with HR on driving the recruitment strategy for GBME
• Building out a new staff onboarding program
• Employee engagement initiatives
• Support on managing the content/material of bi-weekly GTRE newsletters
• Retention and Development program for staff – i.e. networking session, job exchange programs
• Diversity and Inclusion programs – i.e. Women in Tech; mentorship programs etc.
• Change management initiatives
• Operational improvements on areas that needs attention – i.e. release management cycles, Contingent workforce program etc.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3+ years’ experience in program/project management and building decks/presenting material to senior leaders
– emphasis on presentation skills and ability to communicate with leadership
• Strong experience building slide decks in PowerPoint and experience manipulating data in Excel (VLookups, etc.)
• Experience in an Agile environment
• Experience with Visio, Access, Power BI, etc. are strong assets
• Experience within an IT/technical project team, and an understanding of the field
• Industry experience is an asset (preference for banking/capital markets)
• Excellent verbal and written communication across a variety of audiences
• Can work in an extremely dynamic and fast changing environment
• PowerPoint and presentation skillsets are critical
• You are genuinely passionate about working with people and strive to make people comfortable in sharing their challenges with you.
• You want to come up with ideas and strategies that would have organizational wide impact.
• You want to tackle problems and come up with solutions that you can execute.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technology