Job title: Program Manager
Duration: 3 months with possibility for extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Information Technology and Solutions is seeking a Business Solutions Expert Project Delivery to govern 8 Project Managers on AML projects. The Business Solutions Expert Project Delivery is a senior manager with expertise in project management, governance and reporting processes. The incumbent should have working knowledge of a number of project management process, such as PMLC, SDLC, Agile, Scrum and waterfall. The BSE will interface with all levels of the business and IT to understand current project plans and will partner with them to create and manage a robust and integrated plan, including program plans if necessary
The BSE Delivery provides governance, guidance and support to project manager and program mangers on developing project plans, adhering to EDF process and artifacts as well as PIR’s, lessons learned and ensuring project managers update the Knowledge Data base The BSE Delivery assists with governance and analysis, creating and presenting reports with insights drawn from the analysis, assisting and organizing implementation activities as well as acting as a conduit and liaison between the project team and the Project Controls Office.
The BSE will manage the project managers to develop and maintain L2 project plans that are for executive audiences and will also work with the project / program managers to provide weekly summaries on progress and highlight conflicts with prioritization.
• Reason for request: Workload/Project
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the chance to build multiple new processes from scratch, giving them a greater opportunity for growth, while also working with a fun and welcoming team in a fast-paced environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Continued development and operationalization of the TAMLO Project Controls Office project delivery management, governance and reporting
• Working with business partners , finance and PM’s to report and maintain progress of TAMLO program/projects
• Liaising with partners internal and external to TAMLO Project controls Office to devise, track, maintain and update reports for management such as:
o TAMLO fiscal project list, inflight and planned projects o Cost, Schedule & Scope
• Working with large data sets and extracting useful recommendations and conclusions
• Understands the business from several points of view and aligns IT&S processes to address critical information and requirements.
• Performs complex project and data analysis as needed by Management
• Develops and maintains summarized and detailed information for all TAMLO projects
• Working with PMs to ensure that project forecast and accruals are entered for monthly reporting and within the banks accuracy targets for Financial Monthly and Quarterly reports
• Participates in the annual planning and review sessions to provide insights for setting the priority of the projects, budgets and resource capacity versus demand to deliver the portfolio for all current and annually fiscal forecasted work
• Develops and implements key metrics to measure and report on the progress of initiatives
• Identifies trends and process improvement opportunities and efficiencies across the TAMLO Project controls Office
• Provides timely and accurate updates to the Director Project Controls, Audit and Delivery , Program Manager and/or Project Managers as requested • Partners with the Enterprise Program Management Office to develop and execute a plan to improve business processes as it relates to dashboard reporting controls • Builds relationships with the program team and stakeholders to drive the best practice dashboard reporting across the organization • Leverages strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver reports and presentations to management • Provides assistance with other projects when needed
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Overall 7+ years of Project Management experience
2) 5+ years of IT and Business Industry work experience, which includes managing Project Managers (8 PMs) and large-scale projects ($20MM-$30MM/year, Canadian/International projects or projects with multiple work streams including ambiguity)
3) Prior experience working in FI/Banking, Fin-Tech or Telecom Industry
4) Expertise in project management disciplines/protocols (guiding others how to move forward) – 5+ years
5) Strong understanding of business or complex processes and their downstream impact
6) Strong relationship management and communication skills (verbal/written)
– AML experience
– CA PPM experience
– Agile experience
– PMP or PMI Certified
Degrees or certifications:
– Relevant and recognized degree preferably in Business or Project Management.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 Step Process: 1 in-person interview with Hiring Manager