Typical Day in Role:
As a Sr. Digital Product Manager on Identity and Onboarding team, they will develop a compelling product vision, strategy, roadmap, define key business objectives (OKRs) for the customer onboarding journey. Leveraging their deep understanding of their product, customer feedback and analytics as well as market trends, they will continually prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for their product portfolio to ensure an optimal and secure customer experience.
• Champtions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
• Lead the vision and multi-year roadmap for customer onboarding, alongside the Product Lead and Director of Product
• Build reusable and scalable customer facing software that will be leveraged by internal teams to solve their problem of identifying the customer.
• Collaborate in the initial and continuous discovery to understand customer needs, current challenges and work closely with design and engineering partners to come up with solution
• Use data to drive decisions. Build hypothesis, test & iterate to formulate an agile product development approach.
• Define clear outcomes and goals for each initiative with associated KPIs/Metrics to ensure success and alignment with the overall vision and strategy; define the “What” and the “Why” as part of problem discovery, working closely with the analytics team
• Leverage customer insights from user experience research and analytics to iteratively drive continuous solution improvement
• Build and effectively manage relationships with business lines such as Day to Day banking, Lending, Fraud and Information Security in order to identify/respond and understand their ongoing needs and ensure that the strategic direction aligns with the direction for Scotia Digital.
• Facilitate problem solving as required, working closely with design, development, and delivery teams on implementation challenges
• Maintain a prioritized backlog, support the creation of detailed user stories and participate in sprint planning, and other agile ceremonies. Engage day-to-day with the scrum teams writing and clarifying questions and helping with decision making.
• Partner with product marketing teams to define effective go-to-market plans for product launches.
• Evangelize the product – share success stories, new product launches through effective release notes, demos.
• Conduct market and competitive analysis to identify future opportunities of growth for their product; establish self as a subject matter expertise within digital banking for owning areas
• Understands and keeps up to date with emerging technologies, trends and innovative solutions especially in the Digital Identity space
• Coach team members and help with their development / desired outcomes as required
• Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of experience working as a Product Manager shipping consumer facing software solutions
2) 3+ years of experience working on digital products, preferably in the consumer space
3) Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum
4) 2-3+ years of technical experience demonstrating an understanding of systems, design, architecture, back-end systems and how they interact with the product – to translate technical requirements to business lines (e.g., BSA, delivery lead roles)
1) Experience as a product manager in financial services industry an asset, ideally, they have had exposure across industries
2) Working experience with JIRA, Confluence, Figma (please list which)
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at different levels in the organizations
• Strong problem solver with ability to influence and inspire a cross-functional team to reach ambitious goals
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
• Curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
Certifications that would be an asset:
• Scrum Master
• Scrum Product Owner
• Agile Leadership