Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 9 Months + chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Group is supporting multiple initiatives across the bank and is focusing on Credit Risk Remediation projects due in the next year.
• Project: The Power BI Developer will be working on project focused on a Credit Risk Modernization for US Counterparts and has ongoing initiatives requiring a strong Power BI Resource.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology. The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards. Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product's vision.
Typical Day in Role
• Work with senior team members (architects, developers, testers) to develop and implement data solutions for finance reporting systems
• Turn business requirements into data model and generate source to target mapping and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation)
• Support senior team members through research assignments and proof of concepts
• Demonstrate a passion for problem solving and data presentation technologies
• Pursue enterprise learning opportunities to develop and mature your skills in the big data space
The ideal candidate for this role will be highly motivated, have had exposure to Business Intelligence tools.
• Advanced level SQL design / reporting / data mining experience
• Report development and support for internal and external customers, including executives analytical minded skillset
• Provide analytical support to company leadership by providing ad-hoc analysis and data trouble shooting support
Must have Skills:
1. 5 + years’ experience with Power BI Development (Modeling, Reporting and Creating / Updating Dashboard for visualization)
2. Recent (minimum 2 projects) with Power BI Premium Edition
3. 5 + years’ experience reading and writing SQL Queries
4. Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate needs to business users in a clear, concise manner (maybe working closely with BA for documentation)
• Excellent business/technical written and oral communication skills.
• Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills in order to quickly and effectively solve problems in a dynamic and demanding environment.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including but not limited to presentation, prioritization, effective time management, conflict management.
Nice to have:
– Credit Risk Experience
– Confluence / Jira experience is a plus
Degree / Certifications:
– Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.