Location Address: WFH (Toronto)
Contract Duration: 1 year, possibility of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Frida
Business group: Operations Design & Solutions
Project: We require a developer to support .NET application built on ASP.NET Web Forms to enable governance and executives’ decision-making.
Reason for request: The developer is required to work on a project. Funding has already been approved on respective business case.
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity for exposure to business lines and gain familiarity with the business processes at the Bank.
Typical Day in Role:
1. Maintain user-facing applications, reusable code, and libraries for future use, optimized for performance and scalability
2. Evaluate requirements to provide accurate assessments and effort estimations for web development tasks, based on business requirements
3. Build, maintain, and support existing web applications in accordance with Architectural Review Board’s and IT Security requirements
4. Create multi-layer application designs, following requirements and Scotiabank’s organizational design patterns
5. Testing using proper use cases to guarantee correct functionality, consistency and to support minimal organizational risks.
6. Compliance with organizational policies, procedures in accordance with the Bank’s Enterprise Delivery Framework (EDF).
7. Write detailed technical documentation such as application design, operational procedures and user guides.
8. Develop pilots, proof of concepts and prototypes as required
9. Provide reliable and timely support for systems, as required
10. Problem resolutions of systems in accordance with agreed SLAs
11. Guarantee code updates in the Bank’s code repository
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. At least 5+ years of experience as a software developer working with C# .NET 3.5 and higher including experience with ASP.NET Web Forms. Proficiency building complex web applications from end to end.
3. Experience with MS SQL Server: stored procedures, functions, views, and SSMS.
4. Experience with code versioning tools such as GIT and Bitbucket.
5. Experience working in both traditional and agile project management settings. Solid understanding of PMI frameworks and its processes.
1. Experience with Windows Server environment and PowerShell scripting is an asset.
2. Experience developing Python Django applications is an asset.
3. Spanish Speaking would be an asset
4. Project management skills desirable
1. Strong communication skills, verbal and written
2. Ability to understand business complexities and translate them into technical terms to solve problems
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection format:
• 1st round – 1 hour panel interview with skills assessment
• 2nd round – if multiple candidates successful