Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 month contract
Story Behind the Need: This department is specifically focused on derivatives technology. They look after the end to end applications of there in house-built trading platform.
Project: The Group is working for a Market Data System for calculating Risk. This project is focused on FRTB regulatory initiatives enhancing the banks risk monitoring.
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be exposed to various technologies and algorithms that integrate multiple aspects of the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements;
• Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5 + years’ development Java Development
2. 5+ years’ experience with Python Development
3. 5 + years’ experience with Unix / Shell scripting
. Good communication skills to work with the end user client as needed
Nice to have skills:
• Capital Markets experience is a big plus, specifically with Market Data and Risk Evaluations
• Previous bank exp. is a plus
Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred