Java Developer – KSH / Bash x3
Project: Digital Client Services and Reporting is currently working to migrate their digital payments system to Linux.
This client is looking for a skilled KSH/Bash and Java developer to join their team. The successful candidate will develop and migrate existing shell scripts and command-line tools for batch automation and monitoring. The company expects the candidate to have prior experience with Linux and Solaris operating systems. The successful candidate should also be knowledgeable in KSH/Bash scripting and Java, as well as open-source tools and libraries.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop and migrate shell scripts and command-line tools from Solaris to Linux.
• Migrate scripts from Perl to KSH/Bash.
• Migrate Java code from Java 6 to Java 8/11/17.
• Collaborating with software developers to integrate batch scripts with applications and services.
• Troubleshooting and debugging scripts and command-line tools.
• Documenting code and working with QA team to test the scripts.
• Help setup SFTP connections to other servers (internal and external).
• Work with the technical lead to open firewall as needed.
• Submit requests to create job schedules.
• Upgrade and test Sybase client used by batch scripts.
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
Must Have Requirements:
• 8+ years experience as a developer with Java 8 or above
• Proven experience as a shell script (bash, ksh) developer or similar role
• Strong understanding of Linux and Solaris operating systems and shell scripting
• Experience with open-source tools and libraries, such as awk, sed, grep, and more
• Working experience with Java, J2EE, Web Services (SOAP & REST), JAX-WS, JAX-RS
• Working experience with Database such as Sybase or MS SQL
Nice to Have:
• Working experience in JSON/RESTful, XML and SOAP services
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps automation
• Good understanding of networking concepts and protocols
• Good understanding of SSL/TLS encryption protocol and its usage in network communication
• Familiarity with scheduling tools (SysAdmiral, AutoSys)
• Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Knowledge of digital collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams, Confluence, JIRA
• Ability to work in a team environment
Best vs Average: The ideal candidate would have experience with Bash Scripts as the project has over 300 scripts that need to be migrated and tested. As well as a strong understanding of Linux would be highly valued.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field required